Author Topic: How did you find HLP?  (Read 3812 times)

Offline Falcon

Re: How did you find HLP?
Did you squadwar *squinty fry.meme*

No, never played the multiplayer component of Freespace 2.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
No worries.  I remember a falcon from one of the big squads, obviously someone different.

:yes:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Googling for FS2 websites lead me to the VBB in 2001, where people were posting links to various mods. I remember finding Inferno and TBP that way (which I think were hosted on 3dap/HLP back then?)
At that time I was active in the XW:Alliance Upgrade community... but after playing TBP R1 I was blown away by the possibilities and flexibility that the FS2 engine offered over XWA, and started to poke around in POF files.
I registered here in 2003 (probably to ask something in the TBP forums).
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Googling for FreeSpace mods. Found the Hades Combine site first, then this one.

Then I got bullied here for a while because nobody likes hyperactive 14-year-olds and... I'm still not a productive member of the community. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I was on the VBB and doing SquadWar. I finally came over here because it was another place to talk about things that wasn't run by THQ at the time? I don't remember if THQ had taken over by that time.

I also have the honor of being the last poster on the VBB before it was shut down. Also my 20 year anniversary is coming up in a few months.