Author Topic: Some more highlights  (Read 28100 times)

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
maybe its something we need a language pack to read...you know how arabic or japanese text looks if you dont have the language packs installed, thats what that message reminds me of...
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Personally, I doubt that they would type a message in ... in ... Hmm.

Wait, if it was, wouldn't it show up in boxes and what not?

Also, where did that text come from?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Solatar

Maybe that text file isn't a text file? I've tried to save it as several types of files but no luck so far.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
MikeRoz, where did you actually find the email thing? I'm lost...again.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
PGP keys store a name, email and optionally a comment of the owner of the key.

Offline Droid803

Ah.
Well, Isaac Stone is a pretty generic name. Google yields nothing interesting, at least at first glance.
(´・ω・`)

Offline MikeRoz

Message is attached.

Code: [Select]
@nuclear1: The attachment is an encrypted message, encrypted by me using Isaac
Stone's private key. Just use his private key to decrypt it.

@terran_empeoror:The odd characters are a result of character values being used
outside the ASCII namespace. Escape characters and the like as well.

@Stormkeeper:See above.

@Solatar:It's not actually a text file, sorry about that. I added the .txt extension
to the file so that HLP would let me post it (files without extensions are not
accepted), but the board was doing something to the file that would render it
undecypherable upon the return trip. So I put the .txt in a .rar. Problem solved!

It will be interesting to see how they get the encrypted message to us. It would be
even more amusing if they never actually used this key to encrypt anything
"official"...

Anyway, it's very simple to decrypt these files. I don't know if a version of GnuPG
exists for Windows, but on Linux you just have to install the package containing
GnuPG. Then, if you look at Post #54 in this thread you'll see the commands I used
to import Isaac's private key. Then run gpg "--out post2.decrypted --decrypt
post2.encrypted" in a directory containing the encrypted file. You will be prompted
for the passphrase, which is "God of Ohio State", and then a file will appear called
post2.decrypted, containing this text.

Encrypting a message is just as simple. Use your favorite text editor (something
that uses Unix (LF) line endings, preferably) to create a file with the text you
want encrypted. In my case, I called it post2. Then, you run
"gpg --out post2.encrypted --encrypt post2" - post2.encrypted will be created,
containing the secret message.

[attachment deleted by necromancer]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:52:45 am by MikeRoz »
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta

Offline Nuclear1

Ok, now which program did you use to decode it?
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
See attached.
Well done, you've just confused everyone even more.

Naq ba gung abgr guvf yvar vf tbvat gb or va ebg13, znvayl orpnhfr ivz unf n pbairavrag (lrg cbvagyrff) srngher bs qbvat vg. :p

Isn't cryptography fun!

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Naq ba gung abgr guvf yvar vf tbvat gb or va ebg13, znvayl orpnhfr ivz unf n pbairavrag (lrg cbvagyrff) srngher bs qbvat vg.

Is that what the message says...or did you just encode an insulting sentence...

Thinking on it, the jumble of symbols i get when i open those 2  .txt files reminds me of the jumbled mess of symbols id always get when i tried to open up the .tbl files from the Retail version of FS1

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
wild guess... could it be vasudan?
Signed, me

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
If I had to guess, I'd say that's a transcription of the standard untranslated Vasudan audio clip. :p

Offline Shade

Bah, don't you guys recognize rot13 when you see it? :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Nuclear1

Bah, don't you guys recognize rot13 when you see it? :p

You serious or pulling our legs? :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Droid803

Naq ba gung abgr guvf yvar vf tbvat gb or va ebg13, znvayl orpnhfr...

And on that note this line is going to be in rot13, mainly, because...

yep.
(´・ω・`)

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Well that yielded nothing of consequence... :doubt:

EDIT: At least as far as we know ATM...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:42:37 pm by blowfish »

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Ahh...but it looks to be the first half of the phrase...Maybe the next half will be revealed in the next puzzel...
BTW when is the next puzzel coming out?

Wait a moment, just thought of something...I'll get back to you... Never mind it didnt pan out

OK decoded the entire sentence (without a converter i might add)
And on that note this line is going to be in rot13, mainly, because vim has a convenient (yet pointless) feature on doing it

...Who, or what, the smeg is vim?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 12:02:14 am by terran_emperor »

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Nuclear1

You're thinking too much into something that doesn't matter.

Spicious was making a joke.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
It was merely a hint towards figuring out the attachments, which I'm sure you'll find similarly disappointing.

Offline MikeRoz

It was merely a hint towards figuring out the attachments, which I'm sure you'll find similarly disappointing.

Code: [Select]
So there's another person besides the ST:R team that's figured out how
to decode these?

Just so you know, I'm using nano to write this. vim sucks. So does
emacs.

So, are we going to make a thread in which we pass only encrypted
messages or what?

[attachment deleted by necromancer]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 06:53:21 am by MikeRoz »
Rave reviews of my previous posts:
"Wow.  Just wow.  Well, just about the whole post is devoid of reasonable technical merit and accuracy." -Enki
"Wow, he just wasted about an hour of his life." -MachManX
"There are 5 million things wrong with your post, of which many have already been pointed out..." -blackhole
"Grrr. Someone please monkey mike...He's causing more problems than he's solving" -terran_emperor
"You're not very bright, are you." - General Battuta