Author Topic: RELEASE: VeniceMirror, Act 1!  (Read 42627 times)

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Re: RELEASE: VeniceMirror, Act 1!
...yep, I see the problem, here's the fix: Drop https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zbdi3ob4uw6hfo/vm1.fc2 in your /data/missions/ folder(make it if it doesn't exist already) and it SHOULD work. Should. Hopefully.

Can I just confirm the location on where to put this please?

Is the /data/missions/ folder in the root Freespace2 folder or in the VeniceMirror folder?
The VeniceMirror folder, so */freespace2/VeniceMirror/data/missions/vm1.fc2
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
Thanks Nerdo... I had a feeling it would be but I wanted to be sure as it wasn't clear in the first post! :)
I do not feel... I think!

I just played the first two missions and what I've seen so far is pretty impressive, great atmosphere and epic battles. Love it! So thanks a lot for doing this.

The only thing that didn't feel quite right were the immense glowing bubbles when charging the frontal beam cannons, a bit less of that could be better in this case.

Offline CT27

I just beat chapter 1.  Congratulations on a great campaign.

I do hope that there's more about the Sol Gate ("Jump Gate" as it's called in this campaign) in future installments.  Returning to Earth is an exciting possibility.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
Well, Act 2 is already planned out... only all that pesky work needs to be done again.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Vrets

Another glorious tour of duty underway for Vrets.

My thoughts having played the first two missions:

Spoiler:
The first mission was enjoyable, with highlights including the eye-burning POM POM cannons on my Herc and the flanking maneuver at the end. The second mission was mildly disappointing because my presence was unnecessary. I put my feet up on the dashboard and took a nap while the taskforce captured the station and won this crucial battle with no losses. The Laramis rebellion is doing better than it thinks! I also noticed that you used music from the Europa Universalis IV OST (it works fine in the context). :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:51:04 pm by Vrets »

Offline Gee1337

• Sh!tlord/Human Garbage
I think I have a problem...

Spoiler:
I just finished the mission "Early Burials" and it won't let me progress. I presume it is the final mission of Act I so it shouldn't matter too much. The only goal failed was a secondary about protecting LSR assets... which is pretty much impossible anyway!
I do not feel... I think!

Offline CT27

Well, Act 2 is already planned out... only all that pesky work needs to be done again.

Could there potentially be Jump Gate stuff in chapters after that (if there will be a story after act 2)?   :)   That was one of my favorite moments in chapter one...when the Laramis pilots stared at the gate for a while.

Anyways, a question about the current story if you don't mind:  What exactly is the "Star Alliance"?  Was this explained in the story somewhere?  I know Adhara had already split from the GTVA and Laramis is going for independence.

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
All of this questions will be answered in future acts.

^^ Im looking into the fix right now.

P.S. you guys have a strange jump gate syndrome :P

the intro movie is really cool, but I start a new game (with new pilot, and the correct FSO version) and guess what, no weapons...

Funny bug this is! I had no weapons with my new pilot, but that was my 4th in total. I deleted all pilots and made a new one, and with my now one-and-only pilot I started the campaign and loo and behold, weapons! TIme to game! :D

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
I think I have a problem...

Spoiler:
I just finished the mission "Early Burials" and it won't let me progress. I presume it is the final mission of Act I so it shouldn't matter too much. The only goal failed was a secondary about protecting LSR assets... which is pretty much impossible anyway!

http://scr.hu/1xi4/u9q17 - the campaign editor is just a mean, ****ty...  Whatever, I admit, this thing defeated me.
I have no ideas why this doesn't allow players to end the campaign. Im out of clues.

the intro movie is really cool, but I start a new game (with new pilot, and the correct FSO version) and guess what, no weapons...

And like wise. I don't know what its so troublesome.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:48:18 pm by TheHound »

Online Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
Finished what the first chapter. Only one major gripe, the rest are minor issues. My major gripe is the GTVA's Ceres-Class fighter. You see the enemy use it a lot, and it seems great, yet you only get to fly it once, and what do you do with it? Run away!  :mad:

The minor issues are as follows:
There is a spelling error in the mod description. "Rouge" should be "rogue."
In "Home Doorstep," there is a GTSC Faustus "Nossae," that should be marked as unknown but is instead marked as friendly.
In "In the Storm's Wake," the directive for destroying the Asellius is marked as completed before the mission starts.

Other than that and a few others I may have missed, you did a fantastic job!  :yes:
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
Finished what the first chapter. Only one major gripe, the rest are minor issues. My major gripe is the GTVA's Ceres-Class fighter. You see the enemy use it a lot, and it seems great, yet you only get to fly it once, and what do you do with it? Run away!  :mad:

The minor issues are as follows:
There is a spelling error in the mod description. "Rouge" should be "rogue."
In "Home Doorstep," there is a GTSC Faustus "Nossae," that should be marked as unknown but is instead marked as friendly.
In "In the Storm's Wake," the directive for destroying the Asellius is marked as completed before the mission starts.

Other than that and a few others I may have missed, you did a fantastic job!  :yes:

Ceres is elite new-gen fighter for GTVA. They make sure to keep LSR hands off them.

And other issues... well... damn it. Slipped past. Ill make sure to fix them.

------ Did you have an ending debriefing?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:57:09 pm by TheHound »

I am LOVING the campaign in terms of gameplay and graphics, but..... I just finished (I think) mission 3, but no matter how long I wait, I just won´t get a message that I can return to base or any other way to proceed... what to do? :O

Aw. this one really helps! I tried again, failed the mission, but luckily it proceeds to mission 4 regardless (altough the debriefing says I will be stripped of my wings), so that´s good, it means I got past the previous bug. HOORAY!

It's a very cool fun campaign, but it really needs one or two dozen cans of insecticide :D

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
I am LOVING the campaign in terms of gameplay and graphics, but..... I just finished (I think) mission 3, but no matter how long I wait, I just won´t get a message that I can return to base or any other way to proceed... what to do? :O

I cant even imagine what did you do to break the mission, it was betatested many times, and so far, I got no report of anything like this happening...

...what did you do?

Aw. this one really helps! I tried again, failed the mission, but luckily it proceeds to mission 4 regardless (altough the debriefing says I will be stripped of my wings), so that´s good, it means I got past the previous bug. HOORAY!

It's a very cool fun campaign, but it really needs one or two dozen cans of insecticide :D

screw you, campaign editor, once more.

Well, I did use the accelerate time option a few times during mission 3. :D But nothing else out of the ordinary, only one pilot just created, correct FSO and mediaVPS version...

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
    • Steam
I have reuploaded the fix, some more fixes included - as well as the workaround for mission 3. Now objectives check if you shoot the shuttle out of the sky.

Shuttle? There was a shuttle? I am talking about the mission AFTER the one where you captured the station with the help of some onboard troops amd then the station want to negotiate surrender terms and sends a shuttle. The problem is the mission AFTER that one. the mission with the station went fine ^^;