Author Topic: HTL Demon?  (Read 11742 times)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Yeah - that's how I interpreted your suggestion, and quite liked it. :) (Random OT here, but that solid colour segments image looks pretty ugly without the original demon in the background actually. I like the other one better ;) )

The main problem I had was that huge flat area on the side of the head. I was thinking of using transparency to create a sense of depth, but has anyone got any better ideas we can give the man?
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
That's one area, because the maps show absolutely nothing, that creativity is definitely in order.  The only thing that needs to be considered is what is supposed to be on the other side of the lower half of it; there's metalic structure back there so that could probably be adapted to the front somehow without drastically changing the way it looks.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline bfobar

to me those textures of the flat side of the head look like struts and girders that layer over eachother like the underside of a big suspension bridge. Kind of like the supports of the hull but with no armor over it.

maybe like this?

maybe extruding the areas under the most obvious beams and letting the textures do underneath would give the impression of depth?

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
highly interesting... I like the head idea....It's better than mine. (at least on paper) :D

I allready know what to do with that flat area on the head (where the beam cannon is)..
As for the rear part I'll have to think about it... the work on the Demon is progressing slowly as I have loads of other things to do, so don't expect any updates soon.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Striker

I love the idea for the head, but the ribs and the rib-like structure on the top shouldn't be triangularly plated as in the picture. They need to be more smooth and pointy at the end. The plated look on them would make it look too Terran-ish and not buggy enough.
...lurk

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
The idea here is to just model in the detail that is on the textures, and add to it if need-be. Besides, all those details aren't really going to be nearly as glaring and obvious as the pics suggest they would be. ;)

I intended them to just highlight possible places to introduce layers to the hull through raised or lowered areas that match at least some of the plates they represent. It'd basically add detail to the ship without changing the shape or introducing big weird details that don't belong to the design.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities