Author Topic: Flash problem.  (Read 734 times)

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
I made a very simple animation. There's a picture, which is larger than the document size, and it scrolls around through the visible viewport (I hope I'm explaining this right, just think of a scene going on outside your window). It scrolls up, stays there for a few seconds, then scrolls down, stays for a few seconds and loops.

My problem is that when I assign the picture to be a button, because I want to have it be a link, the action is only applied from Frame 0 to the first keyframe, which is 80. So it only acts as a link within that period, and everywhere else it's just a scrolling picture. Flash won't let me assign actions for any of the other periods, like Frames 80 to 100, 100 to 160 or 160 to 180. In the Actions window, it says "current selection cannot have actions applied to it". By default, the action is only applied to the first period, and even selecting all the frames in the timeline viewer again yields "current selection cannot have actions applied to it".

What gives. All I want it to do is have it be a link. Is there some way to overlay the whole thing with an invisible button, a new layer that would be invisble yet perform the necessary function? Or ideally, how can I solve the existing problem of assigning an action to all frames.

Thankly-dankly.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Insert the button into an emtpy movie clip with the motions, then place the movie clip behind a mask layer on the main timeline.The timeline should only contain one frame.

Try that and post a link to your results......
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png