Author Topic: Series Resurrecta is the best 2020 Futuristic Sim / Sci-Fi in ModDB's MotYA  (Read 12336 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Series Resurrecta is the best 2020 Futuristic Sim / Sci-Fi in ModDB's MotYA
So you think the appropriate way for you to celebrate the sites 20th birthday is to dump on the communities accomplishments? Damn.

Do you do anything but try to start fights?

"hate speech".[/mobius]

God, I was about to speak up and say "if Mobius wants to trumpet some numbers, it's fine, no harm done." But then I read this godawful post. **** you.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Listen, folks. Taking a personal dislike to the way I promote my FreeSpace mod? That's basically the same as calling for the extermination of the Armenian people. And that's hate.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Genuinely one of the best worst posts I have ever seen. Awful and incredible.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It's all in the numbers.

#161? That's terror.

#2 behind Crossfire? That's terror.

#1 FSO Mod of the Year? That's terror.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Your comments are out of place, Battuta. Also, read your first post on this thread - you were the one who brought the topic of "dictatorship" into the equation and you're reiterating it even more.

Once again, I wonder what your contributions to this topic actually are. So far I don't see anything tangible other than voicing the same opinion repeatedly and crossing the subtle border between doing so and insulting other people's work.

We were about to make an important announcement on actual progress on this project, yet we are here discussing... well, I don't know what. The question is, can you add anything tangible to the topic? If so, keep posting and let's discuss it together.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:17:13 am by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm sad to report that the Southern Poverty Law Center has now listed HLP as a hate group. We will really have to shape up and think about our words and deeds.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
For the record, the claims posted at the beginning of this thread have been triple checked and are therefore confirmed.

During this extra check we've also received additional details on the final ranking: no FreeSpace mods other than SerRes are in the Top 200. Speaking of the mods present in the Top 100, 29 of them are five or more years old, and some 20 mods have been released this year.

Might be related to how noone has seriously cared about ModDB in the past decade or so.

Might be related to how a number of mods hosted here (hi Diaspora) have actively been trying to avoid the kind of website that has a history of gently forwarding C&D letters.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
For the record, the claims posted at the beginning of this thread have been triple checked and are therefore confirmed.

During this extra check we've also received additional details on the final ranking: no FreeSpace mods other than SerRes are in the Top 200. Speaking of the mods present in the Top 100, 29 of them are five or more years old, and some 20 mods have been released this year.

Might be related to how noone has seriously cared about ModDB in the past decade or so.

Might be related to how a number of mods hosted here (hi Diaspora) have actively been trying to avoid the kind of website that has a history of gently forwarding C&D letters.

Ok, finally a comment worth discussing. :)

What you're saying may have its fundaments but 1) are we mass boycotting ModDB? The last time I checked we're not and 2) even if there was one boycott in place would it justify all of this backlash against SR? IMO, it doesn't. And 3) do you think all of the crap seen in this thread is what you'd normally expect on a place that promotes modding?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

So you think the appropriate way for you to celebrate the sites 20th birthday is to dump on the communities accomplishments? Damn.

Do you do anything but try to start fights?

That was my first post in this thread in weeks. So no, I havent started this fight.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Hate speech. Let me tell you how much I've come to suffer hate speech since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate speech' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate speech I experienced when The E disliked my mod contest numbers. For me. Hate. Hate.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface

What you're saying may have its fundaments but 1) are we mass boycotting ModDB? The last time I checked we're not and 2) even if there was one boycott in place would it justify all of this backlash against SR? IMO, it doesn't. And 3) do you think all of the crap seen in this thread is what you'd normally expect on a place that promotes modding?

Nah, it's just that as a general rule "mod X is better than mod Y" discussions do not exactly uplift the community, and a "best ranked FS mod" thread is exactly that.

The fact it's from ModDB just makes it doubly worse.

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started

Nah, it's just that as a general rule "mod X is better than mod Y" discussions do not exactly uplift the community, and a "best ranked FS mod" thread is exactly that.

The fact it's from ModDB just makes it doubly worse.

And we said many times already that the statements we made are not absolute. Nobody is making actual comparisons between mods.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Can't believe that they are storming the united states capitol to overthrow Series Resurrecta ModDB Results. It's ****ed up

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I think we just all need to chill. I don't think there was any need to present the ModDB results in the... grandiose way you did, but I also don't think it has to be a big deal regardless.

More coverage for the community can't hurt, but I feel like you're overestimating the impact of those results, and how it objectively reflects on the actual quality of the mod (spoiler: it doesn't. Just like metacritic ratings don't really reflect the quality of games).

There's no need to continue spiraling into a toxic bashfest just because you're overenthusiastic about mostly meaningless ModDB rankings.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 09:54:12 am by MatthTheGeek »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I can't believe you want us to chill about The_E attempting to guillotine the creators of Series Resurrecta, Matth. You are enabling hate speech!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
By gawd, he is beating the Italian Stallion with a folding chair! He's going to take Mobius to hell with him! Will no one stop this? Where is the ref? No, oh no, he's going to suplex that poor man through the ring! I can't watch!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I think we just all need to chill. I don't think there was any need to present the ModDB results in the... grandiose way you did, but I also don't think it has to be a big deal regardless.

More coverage for the community can't hurt, but I feel like you're overestimating the impact of those results, and how it objectively reflects on the actual quality of the mod (spoiler: it doesn't. Just like metacritic ratings don't really reflect the quality of games).

There's no overestimation, no attempts to try and pull the strings anywhere, none of the things you fear are being done are actually being done. What I see is several overreactions to the announcement made on this thread, which have quietly become "softened insults" more than once. Look above and judge it yourself.

I understand that the topic may have "triggered" a few weird reactions in a limited number of community members, and we discussed the matter accordingly. Other than this, I don't see the need to keep the mocking going. We haven't done anything bad for the community and we're all mature enough to keep our own opinions on the matter.

All of this prepotence at trying to demolish said announcement is totally uncalled for.
The Lightblue Ribbon

I for one am very disturbed to see attempts to play down the severity of this situation in this thread. SerRes has received more harrassment, death threats and flaming bags of rocks thrown through the window than any other FreeSpace 1-era mod released by an Italian-Polish team in October 2020, and that's an extremely troubling trend.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.