Author Topic: Known Issues  (Read 19925 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Shader support: Saga requires a 3D card with Shader 3.0 support. Some features, like normal maps, will not work if the computer fails to meet this requirement.

ATI compatibility: Current ATI drivers contain a bug that prevents certain shaders from compiling correctly. Normals maps will not work on ATI HD 4xxx series or older. Solution: install older ATI drivers (mid June 2010), copy atioglxx.dll into the game's directory, and re-install the new ATI drivers. Newer ATI cards should work properly.

Antialiasing: Antialiasing is not supported in Saga. To have it work in game, it has to be enabled externally using your video card driver's settings. This works fairly consistently for NVidia cards, but only has intermittent results with some ATI cards.

Installation as another user: If you install as another user, the cache files will be installed for this user. If you run the game as a different user, it is essential to copy the folder Volition (located in "My Documents") into the "My Documents" folder for your Windows user profile.

Default sound device: Sometimes the sound device might not be detected correctly in the launcher. It should be set to generic sound device by default.

No sound: If voice files appear to be missing while playing the game, check under the "Audio" tab of the launcher to see if you are running a hardware mode for sound. If so, switch to "Generic Software." This should correct the problem.

False Positive: Some anti-virus (most notably ESET NOD32) may report a false positive and detect wcsaga_sse2.exe as a virus/worm. Tell your anti-virus to omit this warning.

ATI Catalyst 12.2: The majority of the crashes seem to be caused by the ATI Catalyst driver, where your driver version is 12.2. Make sure you update to the newest Catalyst 12.3 driver.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 10:12:08 am by Tolwyn »
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
on the shader 3 support will it fall over on less than 3 or will it limp along with the shader 3 dependant features not working?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Actually, the game will probably run faster on a non shader 3.0 card.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
So much for WCS.
"Error. Direct Sound could not be initialized. If you're running any applications playing sound in background, you should stop them before continuing."
I'm not using any such applications. I have the audio device set on "generic software" mode. I suspected my antivirus, but I turned it off and it had no effect. Neither did resintalling.
Also, there's something after "generic software", presumably name of the device (I have four different ports for audio devices), but I can't tell because of the way you designed the launcher (I can't strech it nor scroll the line).

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I had that kind of error a only a few times with FRED. Usually restarting the application/windows fixes the issue.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Restarted everything, including the system. Still appears.
It would be nice if you provided a debug build, and maybe also FRED while we're at it.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I sent you a PM. As far as FRED goes - we need to put together the template and tutorial. Reverse engineering our missions might be... difficult.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Here is a temporary work around for all of you, who have sound issues. It appears as if the launcher does not save sound config correctly on a fraction of systems. While we are working on an update, please give this "hack" a try:

Quote from: resonansER
I solved this problem! Yeessss!!!
Tip:
When you write to this line
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Volition \ WingCommanderSaga

"Generic Software"

DO NOT LAUNCH GAME FROM LAUNCHER (BECAUSE LAUNCHER TURN OFF you changes), ONLY FROM wcsaga_sse2.exe and ALL BE alright!

I have sound now!

-WC Saga's beta tester

I have the strangest bug of All I think: the launcher won't start! and only info I get is something along programis badli initialized (0xc0000135) (rough translation from Polish win). The game itself works flawlesly though when started directly from the WCS exe

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
We have an updated launcher attached here: http://mantis.wcsaga.com/view.php?id=1354. Please give it a whirl.

-WC Saga's beta tester

I´m getting mad:

I can start the launcher and get into the menu. But when I start an campaign or want to start the techroom the game CTD every time.

I just installed the catalyst 12.3 (4870 X 2) but no effect. Even running the game in Admin-mode had no effect.

Help please!!!!!

Edit: Solved, the new exe worked.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 09:43:53 am by Knarfe1000 »