Author Topic: Image space?  (Read 9198 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Edit (again):Ugh, minor problem. Anyone know how to script in the ability to take screenshots? I suppose I could just paste from clipboard, never mind

Look for a "screenshots" folder, they should be stored in there. Or, just do a general search for "screen*.*" and see if the newest ones are the ones you took.

No, it doesn't create screenshots there, that's the problem

First, the image you posted isn't a PNG...it's a BMP file with the .png extension.

That's weird, I uploaded a BMP to imageshack... I don't know why it says it's a PNG now

Second, a JPG with 60% compression (Going by the IrfanView slider) should be decent enough, and makes the pic take up less than 5kb. You can probably vary it some for the ship, overall, I'd say that 5-10 KB for a preview pic is just fine.

I'll aim for that then

There isn't a way to directly store a screenshot via script, but if searching doesn't help turn up the old screenshots, you could try moving the script to a different screen. Changing "$State: GS_STATE_INITIAL_PLAYER_SELECT" to "$State: GS_STATE_TECH_MENU" will replace the techlab with the ship viewer, and by that point game screenshots would definitely be working.

I'll try that tomarrow (or in 3 minutes as the case may be.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 03:02:41 am by Mars »

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
There isn't a way to directly store a screenshot via script, but if searching doesn't help turn up the old screenshots, you could try moving the script to a different screen. Changing "$State: GS_STATE_INITIAL_PLAYER_SELECT" to "$State: GS_STATE_TECH_MENU" will replace the techlab with the ship viewer, and by that point game screenshots would definitely be working.

Nope, it still doesn't take screenshots

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Instead of the cumbersome ftp-access, we have now enabled image uploads in the wiki. Can you please test it? We'd appreciate if someone could track down the pages that have images in them that were previously uploaded to the ftp-account, and update the pages accordingly. I'd like to delete that ftp-account including the folder. Thanks. :)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Uploading functions nicely :yes:
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
You didn't take those with the script, did you? Cause if you did, it's way beyond me

How are you getting env mapping?

Nevermind brain went *click*

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
I took those with the script.. And env mapping.. well it seems to be using the envmapping of my own test mission

Offline Shade

Works perfectly, thanks a lot :)

[Edit] Muahaha, you started a flood by allowing uploads. The wiki is already starting to look much prettier.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:17:26 am by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I used the shipimage template to add the objecttypes screenshot that I posted here to the article on it. There's probably a proper image template I'm missing here,  but I'm not well-acquainted enough with the wiki to know what that's called or if it exists.

Does anyone else feel that the screenshot makes the article more interesting/easier to understand, or should I take it back down?
-C

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
You can always use the normal wiki image thing... that is stuff described in here or like i used it with Containers in FSwiki

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
[Edit] Muahaha, you started a flood by allowing uploads. The wiki is already starting to look much prettier.
Looks like it indeed. :) Just as long as the upload feature is not abused, we'll allow it. Can you guys give me a heads up when I can delete the old ftp account including the upload folder? Thanks. :)

Offline Shade

Working my way through all the articles atm. to save all the old images. Once I've got them all I'll upload, update, and let you know so you can delete the old ones.

[Edit] Surprisingly few images left with the ships already updated (and beautifully so - great pics guys :)) by Mars and Wanderer. Anyway, I think I' ve been through all the articles now, and all the remaining images should be switched to uploaded versions. If anything I missed breaks when you delete the ftp folder, I'll just have to recapture those ones and add them in.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 04:22:14 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
:wtf: Some people have been busy, there are about 450 images uploaded to the wiki images folder. :D

Offline Shade

450? :wtf: I'm fairly sure there aren't much more than 200 images in use on the wiki. I get a sneaking suspicion that MediaWiki may be playing a trick on you, perhaps by generating permanent thumbnails for each image and storing them there? That would explain the number at least.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Ah, apparently Gnome's Nautilus file manager counts folders too.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Wow thats a lot of folders for only 200 images...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png