Author Topic: Major Issues with X52 Pro  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Reaper1

Major Issues with X52 Pro
I have a HUGE deadzone with my new X52 Pro stick. My profile has no deadzone at all, calibration reads no deadzone, but when I play Freespace 2, the ship doesn't move until I get the stick to almost the edge of the large physical stick circle, thereby forcing me to take at least 3 - 5 minutes to take out one single fighter in the game. I reduce the deadzone AND the sensitivity in the settings of Freespace but no effect at all. The mouse adjusts for the sensitivity, but the joystick doesn't respond at all to the sensitivity / deadzone settings?

I can't possibly be the only one that has this problem?

Re: Major Issues with X52 Pro
I purchased a X52 Pro last winter. I also found it had a huge deadzone issue. Checking online I found that many people did. In fact there is a Youtube video on a fix for it but it voids the warranty. I decided not to do that and try and live with it. But 3 weeks into owning it started to have issues where Windows would drop it. Again many people said they require a good USB connection. I tried direct to my Sabertooth Motherboard as well as 3 powered Hubs. Then they died altogether and I sent them back and got a refund. Pretty sad story for a lot of X52 Pro owners.

I them bit the bullet and bought the Thrustmaster Warthog set. Wow what a difference in quality.

BTW the X45 does not have the same issue and you can get a decent used set off Ebay.

Sorry for the bad news.

http://www.72ndvfw.org/forum/m/5688083/viewthread/4299700-how-to-modify-saitek-x52-pro/filter/most-views/post/last

I found if you go into the control panel and move the sliders on the outside in towards the middle the controller's input becomes more responsive.

Like this:
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

You can try that but it did not work for me.