Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308886 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: What are you working on?
How's it's weapon loadout looking?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline den5

The Nova class dreadnought wip. I need advice. Currently turret barrels uses 12 edges cylinder, the missile launcher has 8 edges cylinder. It's ok or can be more polys? I'm thinking about 16 and 12.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
For a turret that big, 16-edged cylinders will be fine. Hovewer there should not be significant difference. Properly alligned sharp edges and smoothing will be crucial in that case.

If you really care about round look of your turrets, you can always make high-poly barrels of 32 edges, bake normalmap from it and apply it to 12-edged version. Hi-poly baking is the best known way of cheating things like that.

Very nice model, btw :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
It looks super cool! I'm a huge fan of massive cannons and this ship really has an artillery look to it. I'd like to see this in a mod.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
This is how Karuna should look like.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It looks super cool! I'm a huge fan of massive cannons and this ship really has an artillery look to it. I'd like to see this in a mod.

It's from Babylon 5. There's already a version in TBP.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

PromptBox, Variables and Team Loadout fully working. The shopping can start :)

A lot being worked on; much for discussion at a later date. Currently, what I can mention is that I'm moving to finish the missions I've been assigned for editing in Exile. I also threw in another freebie. Expect some improved visuals for the fighter-mounted weapons of the Earth Federated Nations. Because, even Earthers need to be able to dazzle the Shivans with some pew pew.

Hoping people will enjoy the edits when Exile 1.2 happens. It's been a privilege and a wonderful experience.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 12:20:37 am by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Doing some testing,  trying to make more realistic skin with using a subsurface scattering shader nodesetup.

[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Seeing this gave me an idea... though I'm probably not the first person to think of this.  I've seen some commercials for the new iPhone advertising motion emoji heads that can talk, speaking your message and even inflections.  What are the options of replacing or supplementing our ani heads with what amounts to a rendered pof?  We have pof rendering replacing the anis in ship and weapons selection screens, is it feasible to have 3D rendered heads and backgrounds to replace the head anis?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
Apparently I seem to be better at modelling when I'm drunk.

I found this file named "AAAAAAAAAA.wings" with this model in it
I only remember a bottle of alcohol and some trace memories of this thing. It does look better than most of the trash I bring up.

The only thing I find confusing is why the hell I decided to put some landing gear on it.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I called models like it "Quick Upgrade". Modelled for fun in my free time.

So the GTI Achilles is getting HTLed, too? Are you going to rerelease every community made ship now? :D

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I'm not sure if I finish this one, as I have no purpose for this. Just wanted to see what I can do with this design. Besides it's small, token upgrade far from being typical HTL. I will probably dump it.

Na, OK~

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Modeling a zod pilotsuit. heres a quick helmet articulation test. c:

[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
AVENGE ME!!!!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
X-COM Vasudan Edition

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
The Nova class dreadnought wip. I need advice. Currently turret barrels uses 12 edges cylinder, the missile launcher has 8 edges cylinder. It's ok or can be more polys? I'm thinking about 16 and 12.

You magnificent fiend :D

Modeling a zod pilotsuit. heres a quick helmet articulation test. c:

Very good ....
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."