Author Topic: master of orion 2  (Read 6038 times)

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
ok....... does anyone know how i might go about playing MO2 on XP?
umm... So i was looking for some of those fun times on the internet that my friends are always talking about... lying ****ers.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
I've had no problems getting MOO2 to run on XP, just do the normal Windows 95 install for it and you should be fine.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Ahh, there's a game I wish there were mods for... :(

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
Ahh, there's a game I wish there were mods for... :(
I know how you feel 'sigh'
umm... So i was looking for some of those fun times on the internet that my friends are always talking about... lying ****ers.

Fun game.  Broken in many ways, but still a blast.  Haven't played a space empire builder as much fun as it was since.

Every now and then I entertain the idea of an FS2 mod based on the universe, then remember I have a life and my modeling skills are limited to designcad.  Ah well.

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
hey uh, has anyone here played MOO3? i heard it was awful, but i need a second opinion.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
Thou shall not speak of MOO3.

Play Sword of the Stars instead for a 'the game that shall not be named' replacement :)
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Is that game actually worth getting into?  I bought it, but it seemed kind of...well, simple.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
hey uh, has anyone here played MOO3? i heard it was awful, but i need a second opinion.

Do not get MOO3.

I got mine from a secondhand bargin bin for something like 6 bucks and I still feel ripped off.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Falcon

It's the best game ever, you should definately buy it!

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel

It's the best game ever, you should definately buy it!

We are the Antarans, your post has earned your destruction.

Translation: You better be joking, really you better be... Because the only person who thought MOO3 was good was Rantz Hoseley and fortunately for the rest of us the only thing he'll be designing is a comic book at Gamespy.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Falcon

Sure, but can I use your restroom first? I have to go real bad.

EDIT: Yes I was joking... I would kill myself if I wasn't.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
I was worried there for a sec ;)
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
i'm still going to download it because i have to know. everyone says it sucks, but thats an opinion, even if it's all the same opinion, i must find my own.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
"You say the Sith are evil, but that's just an opinion! From my point of view the Jedi are evil!"

Don't say we didn't warn you... some shadows should never be touched...
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Dagolith

• Whatever
the dark side is just to tempting.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
The REAL successor to MOO2 is Galactic Civilizations II.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

I got MOO from a friend of mine, and i think its IMPOSSIBLE to run on XP.  :sigh:

They dont make games like they used to....games like MOO had it hands down on most games out there today.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
The REAL successor to MOO2 is Galactic Civilizations II.

Which is the dogs nadgers, really :)  I should really make some ship bits for it.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Which is the dogs nadgers, really :)

...is that a good thing? :nervous:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill