Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 82467 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Re: BP2:WiH P1 VA Call: Minor roles reevaluated on Oct 31st
So... do you still need any roles filled/lines sent in or is all that remains "behind the scenes" kind of stuff?

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
You know how Admiral Hackett from Mass Effect sounds? That's how I had Admiral Calder sound in my head. If only Lance Henriksen were available...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I haven't heard from Iss lately, but the VA folders on SVN have been active. I'll check back in after the holidays.

Offline Dugrok

Hey everyone, I'm new to the Hard-Light forums (well, I'm a long time lurker, new to posting). I was just wondering if there was still a need for voice actors, be it major or minor roles. I'm just asking because the people in IRC weren't sure whether or not major roles were still open, and were also unsure as to which positions had been filled.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
As it stand right now, all roles listed are still open for auditions.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Please audition for as much as you feel up for - everything, if possible.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I wanna do Ken  :drevil:
el hombre vicio...

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
I wanna do Ken  :drevil:

No need to get all horny now...

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
No need to get all horny now...

No need to get all jealous now...   :)

Now seriously, is that part taken?
el hombre vicio...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
As it stand right now, all roles listed are still open for auditions.

Offline Dugrok

Great news! I'll do a few auditions today then.

:)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I mean if no one is already onto it... mah, never mind it. I guess I was wanna go for it anyways.
el hombre vicio...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
All roles are open.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Okay. To (possibly) limit the confusion, I have updated the OP with a new deadline (though it is just there to be there, as we have previously discussed in this thread).  The new deadline is currently end of day February 28th, 2011.

At the same time, I fixed the text that was rendered not emphasized by colours being turned off on the forums.

Previous change log
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:30:51 pm by Iss Mneur »
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline -Norbert-

Shuduhune
Anything special about this ones pronounciation or just pronounce it like if it was a normal english word?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call
Shuduhune
Anything special about this ones pronounciation or just pronounce it like if it was a normal english word?
'shoe-doo-hoon'

Offline Dugrok

Hey, just letting you know that I mailed you some new .oggs Iss. Let me know if these work. If not, I'll just start the audition over from scratch in Audacity and hopefully that'll work.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Iss, what do you say we make some provisional casting choices, and narrow down the list to just what we need?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Iss, what do you say we make some provisional casting choices, and narrow down the list to just what we need?
Have at it. I was looking for a way to get 120,000 characters of roles into two posts, removing some roles would solve that nicely.

We still need the rest of the major roles described as well.  PM me the provisional casting choices and I will update the OPs.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Righto, will get on it now.

Who's Calavera? The man's a beast. If you're here drop me a PM.

Iss - my thoughts on our major auditions so far are up. Moving on to the minors.

Iss, all my casting suggestions are up. I also picked out a few actors who I'd like to get emails for so I can offer special thanks or a promotion to a major role.

To the community at large.

Thank you guys so much. You're amazing. In a single pass I was able to cast almost every single minor role in War in Heaven - a process I thought would take years. Each and every one of you deserve a medal, and I believe each and every one of you (with maybe a couple exceptions due to really bad mic problems) got a role somewhere.

I want to single out for special attention and honor Mongoose, Kolgena, Renegade Paladin, and bigchunk1, who submitted a line for almost every role, including the women. You are our transvestite champions. Keep it up.

Seriously, you guys warm my heart. Thank you for all your submissions and effort, it was an amazing job.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:47:03 pm by Jeff Vader »