Author Topic: *Under new management* BP2:WiH P1 Voice Acting Call  (Read 81941 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: Blue Planet: War In Heaven Part 1 Voice Acting Call - "Minor" roles
I think your pronunciation sounds good.

I hope you're a playa!

Offline Kolgena

"Wassup. Mah name's Kurniadi. Fabian Kurniadi. Wassup? Wassup? You can call me Anansi. Not like, Nancy, but AH-nansi. Get it? Anansi. Yeah. You voice be fine, girl. Can I have yo' numbah?"

"Tha's cool. Tha's cool. Wassup? Can I have yo' numbah? My dad's ballin'. Can I have yo' numbah wassup?"

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
USELESS TRIVIA: Anansi is an african trickster god. Think Loki.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Kolgena

>.>

Completely missed that reference. Well, that's one botched line of the bunch :P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You guys are heroes. The stuff we're getting is very good.

Kosh, Kolgena, CommanderDJ, I sent you guys PMs; I really like your work. Kolgena, your Anansi was great. CommanderDJ, both your Sibrine and your MBME Beta 1 were fantastic. Kosh, I liked your work but I think you're a touch too slow and brooding; take it up just a notch and you'd be on the ball.

Norbert, your Artemis was very good. I also liked your Mence, though that role's still in contention (this post is not a casting announcement for anything!) Thanks for taking a stab at the Cormorant Officer too, that's a tricky line.

Duff, I actually really appreciate your accent. I think your Argent Mist was quality work, and I'd love to hear you as a Gef.

Mr. Carl Crocker, your Captain Mence was pretty damn good. My one quibble was the pronunciation of Atreus. I think you went with a-TRAY-us, whereas it's more AY-tree-us.

Who's pr011? I love your work and I want more. Please do as many roles as you can.

TheDJStu, you have really clear delivery and good enunciation. Fantastic work, and again, do as much as you can.

Who's Nopileos? I want more. A few stumbles, but I think you did really well with the Dea Icaunis. You could try making your lines a bit more animated, but I think they were very good.

MP-Ryan, very professional, very understated. Nice work. You've got a bit of a background hiss; we can clear it up in Audacity but is it possible you have a fan or something going?

Jellyfish, I'm sorry you ran into a gender issue, but please do more! I like your voice and there are a lot of roles you could tackle really well.

Burdovka, Devilray2000, you guys are great too. I want more. Burdovka, your mic is a little hollow - anything you can do?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 03:49:26 pm by Jeff Vader »

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Quick question:

# File: bp202s13.ogg
# Tired and annoyed, but relieved that Akula and Ranvir have been found. Calm but impatient.
# "Ranvir, this is Second Fleet HQ. We've been out of contact with you since the retreat. What is your status?"

How is Ranvir pronounced? Due to my accent it would sound like RAN-ver if I attempted it, is that alright?
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
ron-veer

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Kudos. And another thing:

# File: bp205s044.ogg
# "Aside from six days' rest and a vacation in Tahiti? No. My team just finished pulling a live Helios warhead out of the Katana's flight deck. This should be a piece of piss."

Is this line meant to be sarcastic (or at least the first question)? Without knowing the line preceding it, I can't tell all that well.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Definitely sarcastic.

You gentlemen get mine? I just sent it yesterday, so maybe not.
"And God said, 'Let there be football'. It came to be, and He saw that it was awesome."

"I played in a death metal band. People either loved us or hated us. Or they thought we were OK."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You gentlemen get mine? I just sent it yesterday, so maybe not.

They're good. You sound like you're a little close to your mic, which causes some noise, and you should try to enunciate a bit more crisply and maybe pick up the pace just a little.

That said, very well done, and please keep it up! Do as many as you can.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Definitely sarcastic.

Just to clarify, as I'm still slightly confused, haha. From the context that the other lines give me, I gather that "Aside from six days' rest and a vacation in Tahiti? No." is sarcastic, and "My team just finished pulling a live Helios warhead out of the Katana's flight deck." is an assertion of his team's ability and skill, delivered confidently. But the last "This should be a piece of piss" is still unclear in my mind. Is it actually making the bomb defusal sound really easy, or is also sarcastic, implying it's a lot harder than he makes it out to be? Given the rest of this character's lines, I would be inclined to think it's the latter, but am I interpreting this right?

Offline Kolgena

I think it would be "Pshaw. This is a piece of cake", since antimatter warheads are probably especially hard to deal with. It'd be later that he figures out that "crap, this bomb actually has some decent trigger equipment".

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
  • Changed "Ensign Camerone" to male (seems Battuta's memory is faulty :D, though I probably should have just checked myself)
  • Added role counts to the top of the post.
  • Added Ranvir's pronunciation to the list scripts.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

If we are planning on using Audacity to record our lines.  Do you recommend version 1.2 (the latest stable version) or the 1.3 (the beta release)?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
If we are planning on using Audacity to record our lines.  Do you recommend version 1.2 (the latest stable version) or the 1.3 (the beta release)?

I don't think it should matter.
Definitely sarcastic.

Just to clarify, as I'm still slightly confused, haha. From the context that the other lines give me, I gather that "Aside from six days' rest and a vacation in Tahiti? No." is sarcastic, and "My team just finished pulling a live Helios warhead out of the Katana's flight deck." is an assertion of his team's ability and skill, delivered confidently. But the last "This should be a piece of piss" is still unclear in my mind. Is it actually making the bomb defusal sound really easy, or is also sarcastic, implying it's a lot harder than he makes it out to be? Given the rest of this character's lines, I would be inclined to think it's the latter, but am I interpreting this right?

Your reading is correct, except that 'this should be a piece of piss' is genuinely a suggestion it'll be easy, since he doesn't anticipate it to be very complex.

Offline Pr011

• Uh oh
Thank you for your kind words General Battuta. Anything to help the project.

I am off work for a few days so will record a couple of more lines.

Edit: Submitted
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:50:20 pm by Pr011 »
Cracking skulls in the name of public service.

Offline duff

Duff, I actually really appreciate your accent. I think your Argent Mist was quality work, and I'd love to hear you as a Gef.
Thanks man! Your words really helped. I was terribly afraid that my acting really suxx. I'm going to record some more lines ...  :D

*edit: What about those **** and ***** words? Should we (I) read them out loud? Or is left to artistic freedom?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 06:06:31 pm by duff »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Weeeelll.....We'd like to leave them in. If you can't bear yourself to say them, don't.

(Sidenote: You don't need to self-censor; there's a "profanity filter" in place on the board. Self-censorship is the worst ****ing kind of censorship.)
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline duff

Good. I haven't got any problems with saying them ... just didn't know that it's a forum-filter-thing and not the script itself.