Author Topic: The War Begins: Uniting The Factions  (Read 36042 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: The War Begins: Uniting The Factions
Are there any rules / preferred format?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Are there any rules / preferred format?

You should list the ships you have, any special modifications, and brief character profiles of any important characters. Also try listing what system you start in.
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

The Final War For The Multiverse

Okay, I think I'm ready to get this started. Everyone participating please post what system/situation you're starting off in, and I'll continue the story in another thread.
Shivans view most other species the way we view infectious diseases. They think they are doing good by curing the universe of them. After all, no one mourns the fate of smallpox.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Sorry.  I'll have to withdraw from this before I even started.   
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Sorry.  I'll have to withdraw from this before I even started.

Why?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Lack of time to commit.  I don't want to hold anyone up.  Work is full on this week.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Hay guys this looks like fun, can someone explain to me how this works and what kind of time commitment is involved?

Hay guys this looks like fun, can someone explain to me how this works and what kind of time commitment is involved?

Step 1. Choose a universe from the list in the OP (or request a separate one, and I'll inform you if you can use it)

Step 2. Choose a fleet/ship and commander(s)

Step 3. Write up a profile of your fleet, any special weapons or technologies they have (adhering to the rules) and your major characters

Step 4. We start the game.

As for time commitment, it's not much, maybe a few posts a week per person at most.

Offline crizza

I'll request Warhammer40k :D

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Ah why not, i never played such thing, but i try to participate somehow.
Even i have to admit that i still do not understand exactly what i have to expect from this thread or what i have to write in this game later.
So far as i understand, i have to write some small chapters from my character's point of view to your given situation or something like that?

Well, i actually do not use a unique character, but one from a fan fiction of a good friend of mine and that is my favorite of all the characters in his fan fiction series... but the character's story will be different from 2387 onwards as it seems, now ;).
This one based upon the Cold Element universe as far as i know, even it uses some changed dates aswell some Inferno tech in its own continuity. (i hope it is not a problem, because i do not begin in this universe anyway...)

Rear Admiral Sahra Maximillian-Vasuda
Race: Terran
Distinguishing features: nordic appearance, shoulder long brown hair, green irises, 167 cm in height, athletic build
Current assignment: Commanding officer of the GVD Cleo. Second-in-command of the GTVA Special Crisis Reaction Force

Bio:
During the NTF Rebellion and the Second Shivan Incursion Sahra Maximillian was a pilot on the GTD Aquitaine in the 107th Ravens squadron and become the second-in-command, after the Squadron lost many pilots during the Ravana engagement in the Beyond Gamma Draconis nebula. On request of her best friend Commander Jeannie Gallonigher, Sahra get known to her as Jeannie was transfered from the 53rd Hammerheads to the 107th Ravens as a newly promoted Lieutenant Junior Grade, then Lieutenant Commander Sahra Maximillian took over the second-in-command position of the 70th Blue Lions elite squadron after the Sathanas fleet was detected.
In 2373 she got promoted to Captain and volunteered as a commanding officer for the Tania Australis expedition, which led to the Nyharlahotep incident in the end due to her wrong decisions. After the destruction of the SSD Nyharlahotep, she took the command over the GTCv Warspite from 2374 to 2378 where her path crossed once again with Jeannie Gallonigher who get promoted to Rear Admiral in the mean time and requests to her again to take over a position under Jeannie's command. This time on the newly built GTD Nova, the first and so far only GTD Icelus destroyer that formed the GTVA Special Crisis Reaction Force together with it's sistership, the GVD Cleo which is also the one and only GVD Apotess class. Because of the Rear Admiral's influence, Sahra was promoted to Commodore finally after her reputation had still suffered from her faults in Tania Australis years before.
In a hunt after a reactivated Ancient Phaistos Corvette in 2383 the Nova aswell the Cleo were dragged through a subspace stream from Ikeya into the shivan controlled Beyond Ikeya nebula, where Sahra was forced to take over the command on the Nova, because Rear Admiral Gallonigher was severly wounded in the forceful jump into the Nebula and so she not only has the task to find the Cleo but also to find a way back home. After some weeks, the Nova was able to find a heavy damaged Cleo that lost its command crew and so Sahra took over the command over both ships, even she was transfered three weeks later to the Cleo temporarily after the Rear Admiral was in the condition to take over her command post again. After both ships returned into GTVA space through the Gehenna system, after five months in this nebula, and also during the following years, she kept the second-in-command position on the GTD Nova under then Vice Admiral Gallonigher until 2385 where the Vasudan Emperor made a suggestion of a symbolic wedding between a human and one vasudan of the Emperor's family to show how far the Alliance between both species got during the last 50 years. Even Sahra was reserved for that plans, she got convinced by her friend due to the importance of such symbol and so the wedding took place in 2386 where she got the Vasuda addition in her name aswell all rights the heir of the Emperor has and got promoted to Rear Admiral, which make it possible, that her request was fulfilled to be a commanding officer on the GVD Cleo and so to work with her friend again who has done a lot for her career, even Sahra was the person in 2367 who encourages the young Jeannie Gallonigher since her time with the 107th Ravens.

The GVD Cleo:
The GVD Cleo is a Apotess class destroyer that was built in 2378 as part of GTVA's plans of a reaction force, that can be deployed anywhere nearly immediately. Even the further plans of suchs forces were scrapped even before the first ship of this class was finished, the Cleo is now part of the GTVA Special Crisis Reaction force together with the GTD Nova, which is a terran counterpart and so sistership. In general both ships are working together in the same operations to gain the superiority over their enemies fast or to get the crisis under control as fast as possible. Even the GTVA decided, that it still wanted to use the Hatshepsut as the normal vasudan destroyer, the Apotess has some advancements for its original purpose like a more powerful engine that not only also allows faster travels in normal space, but in subspace as well faster subspace recharge times. Also it is the only vasudan ship that can build up enough energy for the BFVas main weapon that was designed after the model of the main beam weapons that were used on the GTVA Colossus.
After this ship miraculously survived heavily damaged in the nebula beyond Ikeya for five months in 2383, it was refurbished after it's return and some of its weapons were rearranged to make its defenses even more effective.
Unlike the similar sized Hatshepsut destroyers, the Cleo only houses three squadrons with 15 wings in total.

Weaponry:
BFVas: 1
BVas: 2
SVas: 3
VSlash: 2
Long Range Standard Flak: 2
Heavy Flak: 4
Missile Launchers: 6
AAA: 6
Vasudan Huge Turret: 2
Vasudan Standard Turret: 6

Three Squadrons:
Five wings of a Heavy Assault squadron that uses GVF Tauret & some GVF Shrike.
Five wings of a Interception and Space Superiority Squadron that uses GVF Horus, GVF Serapis & some GVF Anouke.
Five wings of a Bomber squadron that uses GVB Bakha & some GVB Hathor.

Other ships of the fleet:
Leading ship:
GTD Nova (Icelus class destroyer) C/O: Vice Admiral Jeannie Gallonigher

Well, at least i think that the Nova will not be present in this game. I think the only appearance of it should be during the introduction sequence of this game, because the Cleo got dragged into another timeframe of the FreeSpace universe alone, maybe by another reactivated Ancient ship. Or the Nova will be dragged into another Universe and will appear during the course of the game, what make coop with myself possible  :P
Actually i would like to appear in the Ancient-Shivan War with this :D (poor Ancients and Aesdherians). But a 2335 scenario would be also sufficient. :lol: Maybe this ship is the predicted Hammer of Light Prophecy :D

Prefered starting points would be at the edge of the Aesdher system itself in the ASW timeline to get adapted to the new situation and to be able to scout this unknown system or in the quietly Capella system in 2335 during Operation Thresher.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Thanks guys this looks like fun!

Universe: Retail Freespace 2, Second Shivan Incursion

Faction: Neo-Terran Front

Name: Walther Guderian

Background: A male Terran, commodore of the Neo-Terran Front. Guderian was raised on Polaris, within a large family. A quiet and studious man by nature, Walther was just days away from earning a doctorate in Extra-Solar Terran History when the NTF coup burst onto the galactic stage. In those early days, the newborn rebellion found themselves somewhat lacking for military personnel, let alone even semi-competent ones. As an aspiring student with a background in military history studies, Walther was "asked" to join the ranks of the rebellion as a commissioned officer. Initially looked down on by some for his civilian background, he quickly gained respect for his patient demeanor. Guderian would often remain silent while letting others speak. He chose his words carefully and listened to the opinions of others. Never taking a fighter squadron command, he preferred to serve on board capital vessels.

At this point in time, he has recently risen to the command of the 5th Cruiser Squadron. A second-line unit, the "Silent 5th" is a typical first assignment for rookies, or a rest assignment for worn soldiers. He hopes to work this small unit up to excellent fighting efficiency, using each vessel to its potential. Some of his officers and enlisted personnel regard him as a sort of a mystic or prophet, after he was overheard to make vague remarks to the effect that he felt all NTF ships would see desperate battle soon, and that no soldier of the rebellion would escape the conflict unscathed. His men regard this as a fighting cry, a call to arms.

Guderian himself? Only he could say.

The 5th Cruiser Squadron is composed of three cruisers. No strikecraft are present. When strikecraft availability is deemed necessary by NTF command, squadrons from other units are briefly attached to the 5th on a case by case basis.

NTC St. Lo: A Leviathan-class cruiser. Aging but dependable. Standard-issue weaponry. It is the serving flagship of the unit and, as such, is outfitted with Guderian's command suite. Additional ECM, Early Warning And Control, and communications equipment has been fitted.

NTC Fort Grace: A Fenris-class cruiser. Aging. It's eager young captain, Ken Mitchell, is determined to make a name for himself and his ship. Almost too ready to leap into combat, Guderian hopes to keep Mitchell from going astray. Standard weaponry, standard equipment.

NTC Ark: A Fenris-class cruiser. Aging. Captained by Palmiro Gascon. A philosopher by nature, Gascon seems endlessly patient. He often quotes ancient Terran philosophers. Many of his men describe him as a "saint" and the "wisest man in the fleet." Guderian prefers to pursue more pragmatic approaches, but appreciates Gascon's ability to encourage and inspire his men and relate with the public. Standard weaponry, standard equipment.

EDIT: Wow, silly me! Any fleet unit needs auxiliaries.  :p How am I supposed to cart things around?

NTT Sunder Marcel: An Argo-class transport. Captained by Lieutenant Roman Orlik. Used for general transport duties, carries extra repair and medical personnel. Outfitted with Heavy Flak in place of the Terran Turrets, paid for by Guderian's personal funds in addition to contributions from the other captains.

NTT Ransom: An Argo-class transport. Captained by Lieutenant Wilhelm Carius. Used for general transport duties, serves as the home base for the 8492nd Naval Security Detachment. Could be used as an assault transport, although the 8492nd hardly qualify as marines. Outfitted with Heavy Flak in place of the Terran Turrets. Also has reinforced bulkheads to help mitigate damage and improve assault transport capability.

8492nd Naval Security Detachment could be considered the 5th's resident "Marine" unit. It is made up entirely of several dozen raw rookies, most of them in their late teens, with one Colonel in charge. Will "Walker" Bulldog, the said Colonel, is the only member of the unit to have seen combat, having lost an eye in a shootout with GTVA police during the fighting for Polaris. His recruits look up to him in awe.

As one tiny security detachment among thousands, and a second- or rear-line one at that, the 8492nd is low on the priority list for equipment. Light anti-frag vests, visor-free helmets and fatigues are standard wear. Most have older but serviceable handguns. About half or less are issued with submachine guns. Combat knives and stun batons round out their "weaponry." A couple of crates of GTVA-issue grenades are held in reserve and regarded as nothing short of sacrosanct, given that they serve as the Detachment's only "heavy weapons."

"Bulldog" realizes the challenges facing his unit. He drills them constantly, hoping to overcome a lack of equipment with enthusiasm and coordination. Only time will tell if these fresh recruits can stand up to the challenges of battle, should they be called upon for boarding actions.

How does this sound guys?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 12:05:08 pm by PVD_Hope »

Unfortunately, 40K is not going to work here.

As for setting your fleet in the ASW era, I might be able to accommodate it, but it would be quite difficult, so I'd prefer you not.

All of the rest sounds good.

Offline crizza

Ok, maybe this works, I'll add the rest when I come home, if needed:

Universe: Blue Planet Era

Name: Christopher Schulz

DOB: June 10th, 2330

Education: Tertiary. Studied Bachelor Military Science and Strategic Studies at Halkins University (Beta Aquilae). GTVA Space Command and Staff College to complete Staff Course. Attended GTVA Space War College to complete Master of Strategic Studies.

Rank: Admiral, was fast tracked after distinguished service during NTF campaign and Second Shivan Incursion. Note: Promotion while serving within Vasudan Forces by Supreme Admiral Khu.

Postings: Operations Room: GTC Oberon 2352 – 2356), Commanding Officer GTC Heisenberg (2356 – 2366), Commanding Officer GTC Malta 2366 – 2367), Executive Officer GVC Chephren (2367 – 2370) Commanding Officer GVCv Mykerinos (2370 – 2376) Commanding Officer GVD Cheops (2376 – 2385) Commanding Officer GTD Phoenicia (2385 – Present), Commander – GTVA 19th Battlegroup (2385 – Present)
Performance Evaluation (comment excerpt): …[Schulz] is a dedicated officer of the Alliance and of outmost loyalty. While facing inummerable odds during the outbreak of the NTF Rebellion, he stayed true to his oath and warned the GTVA of the impending rebellion.

Decorations NTF Campaign Victory Star 2366

Epsilon Pegasi Liberation Medal 2366

Order of Galatea (2366). Citation: For heroism, and conspicuous gallantry beyond the call of duty whilst serving as Captain of the GTC Malta. Commander Schulz led the GTC Malta out of Polaris during the onset of the NTF Rebellion, out manoeuvring the NTCv Bellisarius. Commander Schulz managed a fighting retreat to allied controlled space, thus warning GTVA High Command of the scale of the impending threat, saving the lives of thousands of Vasudans, as well as the GTCv Ravenheart and GVC Ishfahan.

Imperial Order of Vasuda (2367)

SOC Service Medallion (2367), declassified citation: Captain Christopher Schulz assisted in the recovery of the badly damaged GTD Phoenicia during a joint SOC Operation with the Vasudans.

GTVA Legion of Honor (2367): Despite being badly damaged, the GTC Malta, leading Crusader Squadron after escorting the GTD Bastion to her final fate, Crusader squadron assisted in defending escaping GTVA ships out of Capella, narrowly escaping the Supernova.

Appearance: 2,05m, short red brown hair, brown eyes, athletic build.

Current Assignment: Commanding Officer of the 19th Battlegroup, Flagship GTD Phoenicia

Capital Assets

GTD Phoenicia

Suffering crippling damage by the SJ Sathanas, the Phoenicia conducted a crash jump which left her stranded in Gamma Draconis. While GTVA High Command evacuated the surviving crew, the destroyer herself was deemed lost. Severe damage required extensive repair which the GTA was not willing to spend at the time. As such the destroyer was left to drift. While Operations in the Nebula continued, the Phoenicia was finally salvaged in a daring rescue attempt, after the Sathanas fleet was about to overrun Gamma Draconis. After Capella was lost, the GTA didn’t have the funding to repair the Phoenicia, thus the Vasudans offered to buy the hulk. Languishing in the Vasuda Prime system for a long time, the Pheonicia was rebuild by the Vasudans after requiring TEI plans. As such the Phoenicia was reclassed as an Assault Carrier. Refitted with Vasudan state of the art reactors and TEI weaponry, the Phoenicia is a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Able to jump fast and often, equipped with the latest state of the art combat systems, including BACKBREAKER and SCORPION PROPHET combat management, the Phoenicia is essentially a TEI destroyer in the wrong hull.
The main armament of the Pheonicia consists of three bow mounted Ice-Queen Heavy Beam cannons, four Bull Frost Tactical Beam cannons, two per broadside as well as three torpedo launchers. An interesting development was the removal of turret mounted Flak cannons. The turrets themselves were replaced with the newer Titan-scheme turrets and now field triplel Pulse cannons, while 12 Super Houndtooth are spread evenly across the hull, accompanied by seven Phalanx Antifighter-Beams.
As such the Pheonicia has been reclassed as GTD Hecate MK III AC-T, short for Mark three Assault Carrier, Titan-pattern.

Armaments

3 BBlue
4 TerSlashBlue
3 (4x) SARISSA-M multiple missile launcher
5 (3x) TerPulse
7 AAAf
12 Terran Turret 2

GTD Vengeance

Commanding Officer: Vice Admiral Arvida Syrgalla

While the Phoenicia was saved from becoming a floating hulk, the Vengeance was one of the first ships to be stricken off the active ship rooster of the GTA. Being bought by the Vasudans to be scrapped, the destroyer was slowly and diligently stripped of armour, power couplings etc., until only a carcass remained close to the Imperial Vasuda Shipyards remained. Like the Phoenicia however, the Vengeance was rebuilt and upgraded. While having the same systems as the Phoenicia, the weaponry differs not that much. The Vengeance mounts a single Winter King Heavy Beam cannon on the prow, accompanied by an Ice Queen Heavy Beam cannon, while the rest is the same setup. Like the Phoenicia, the Vengeance has been reclassed as GTD Hecate MIII AC-E, short for Mark three Assault Carrier, Erebus-pattern.

Armaments

1 HBlue
1 BBlue
4 Terslahsblue
3 (4x) SARISSA-M multiple missile launcher
5 (3x) Terpulse
7 AAAf
12 Terran Turret 2

1st Corvette Division

Po – GTCv Deimos
Scott – GTCv Deimos
Yamamoto – GTCv Diomedes

2nd Corvette Division

Shima – GTCv Deimos
Wolf – GTCv Deimos
Nimitz – GTCv Diomedes

3rd Corvette Division

Halkins – GTCv Deimos
McCrae – GTCv Deimos
Illinois – GTCv Diomedes

4th Corvette Division

Yssim – GTCv Deimos
Lindres – GTCv Deimos
Kentucky – GTCv Diomedes

5th Corvette Division (Asasiyun)

Alamut – GTCv Bellerophon
Hassan-i Sabbah – GTCv Chimera
Rashid ad-Din Sinan – GTCv Chimera

Cruisers and Support

Crusader Squadron

Malta – GTC Aeolus
Ertanax – GTC Aeolus
Templar – GTC Aeolus

Sardaukar Squadron

Corrino – GTC Aeolus
Shaddam – GTC Aeolus
Salusa – GTC Aeolus

Atreides Squadron

Caladan – GTC Aeolus
Kwisatz – GTC Aeolus
Haderach – GTC Aeolus

Arrakis Squadron

Stilgar – GTC Aeolus
Chani – GTC Aeolus
Shai’Hulud – GTC Aeolus

Navigator Squadron

Edric – GTA Charybdis
GTA Norma – GTA Charybdis
GTA Cenva – GTA Charybdis
Aurelius – GTA Charybdis

Kaikias – GTL Anemoi
Skiron – GTL Anemoi

Strikecraft Wings

GTD Phoenicia

16th White Scars, Role: Interceptor Squadron, GTF Draco as fighter of choice
99th Warring Amazons, Role: Stealth Recon Squadron, GTF Pegasus as fighter of choice
121st Green Knights, Role: Space Superiority Squadron, GTF Atalanta as fighter of choice
365th Fighting Griffins, Role: Space Superiority Squadron, GTF Nyx as fighter of choice

GTD Vengeance

314th Black Knights, Role: Heavy Assault and Area Denial Squadron, GVF Sphinx as fighter of choice

Special Weapons and features:
Facing jamming of direct fire beams, the Vasudans worked on adapting the magnetic bottle of beam mitters. As such the two Hecates and the Corvettes of Asaiyun Squadron can recalibrate their magnetic bottles to adapt them as slashing beams. However range and damage output is slightly reduced.

Having long served within the vasudan fleets, as sort of a parting gift the Phoenicia and Vengeance marine dettachment has been replaced by vasudan Naval guards.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 10:34:56 am by crizza »

Looks good. We'll wait a while in case anyone else wants to join, then I'll start the game in a new thread.

Offline crizza

Updated my post. As you can see, I took BP in the Hard Light wiki as reference...
The Task Force as of now orients itself towards the 2nd Battlegroup... the ships listed are IMHO only half of the Battlegroup...
Then again the 15th Battlegroup around the Atreus got even less ships... hm... the choices :D

Edit: It was late, guess thats a solig lineup.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 06:22:28 am by crizza »

Since we were asked to clarify our starting universe and location:
After several checkups, the Nightfly is leaving the Proxima System by opening a jump point and entering hyperspace, as something goes wrong. Several energy fluctuations are suddenly frying some of the ship's sensor parts, leaving the ship and its crew almost blind in Hyperspace. The engineers from the lower decks scream something about a leak in the main reactor, sending shockwaves of energy throughout the ship, making several important electrical parts completely useless. It looks like the strange Vorlon-Mimbari-Hybrid tech still hasn't been brought to work with human tech without Problems. Just a very bad time to realise this....In desperation, Fisher orders an immediate exit-jump without defining the exact exit vector. It's risky, but everything is better than flying through hyperspace forever...

-> This is where the other players can now choose for me: The first one that screams "here" will define the universe the Nightfly gets stranded in. :)

@GM: is it allowed to aquire more ships as the story progresses?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 07:40:42 am by bomb3rman »

Offline crizza

I guess I'll cry here!
The 19th most likely got lost while transiting the Delta-Serpentis - Sol node... dunno.

Alright, so it's the Blue Planet Era universe for me where I Start... I guess I'll drop out at Delta Serpentis, though in the middle of nowhere, not too close to the jump node.

8492nd Naval Security Detachment [...]

I know I've heard that somewhere before!

Anyway, back to business.

-HNS Phuur-Nan Task Force, Coruc-Tel System-

It had been 3 months after the final showdown over Hiigara against Makaan's Planet Killers. While their precise origins and how the Vaygr managed to acquire them remain mysteries, that would have to wait. Now was the time to counterattack and Sajuuk, now an extension of the will of Karan S'jet and that of the Hiigaran people, was tearing a path of melting hulks across the galaxy, not stopping until it reaches the original Vaygr homeworlds and put an end to the brutal warlords and crusades once and for all.

Raonaid popped open a can of synthesised beer as she watched a pair of standard-issue resource collectors drag a purple crystal to be processed. As usual, the PDA (Phased Dissembler Array) controls were cleared for her to work her magic.

"All yours, boss," said the 3rd shift manager, Koval.

Raonaid smiled a little and carefully guided the green beam down the fault lines of the natural crystal structure. As she slowly carved the crystal into two less explosive chunks, her mind couldn't help but wonder she was sent here instead of the Vaygr Reaches, where fleet actions had been going on non-stop since the Hiigarans were able to muster their forces and crush the retreating Vaygr crusades. Infighting between wanna-be warlords made the Hiigaran Navy's job much easier, but still the casualties were as bad as the first Homeworld War, if not worse.

But as they say, for every person who shoots on the front, two people work behind the scenes to keep the ammo bins full and the fuel tanks topped. Raonaid and the crew of the carrier Phuur-Nan were amongst those two people. But at a time when even shipyards would be pressed into service as impromptu motherships, the Phuur-Nan received an odd deployment order indeed. Normally a carrier, being a valuable tactical asset, would be thrown straight into the fray or at least withing a few hundred parsecs of it. Raonaid was not arguing, though. She and her crew were career miners and engineers before they became soldiers. Not that she could really argue, either, as the order came from Admiral Raltha Nabaal herself. As she was the Fleet Tactical Officer of the Pride of Hiigara Fleet, her order was second only to those from Karan.

Of course, the modern Hiigaran would know the Somtaaw as the Beast Slayers, one of the greatest warrior kiithid of the Daiamid. And, as if a coincidence, their current AO (Area of Operations), the Coruc-Tel System, was where their legend, some would say, their nightmare, first started. It was here that the Command Ship Kuun-Lan recovered the Beast beacon pod. Today's bounty was a lot more mundane. Unstable gases escaped harmlessly through the silts cut into the crystal and Raonaid switched the PDA to layer-stripping mode. This job might be boring, but therapeutic in its own way.

"Good work as always, boss, we'll take it from here," Koval said. "Oh, and before you leave, the Admiral said she wanted to talk to you."

"Got it. I'll receive that call in my room. You watch over the silos now."

"Any idea why she would post us here?"

"Only she knows. With some luck maybe I can get her to tell."

"Nah. Let's just save up our luck until we really need it."

"Anyway, I'm curious. So, see you tomorrow."

Little did Raonaid know, the Coruc-Tel System would once again be the start of another Somtaaw nightmare... and perhaps, another Somtaaw legend.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 07:43:12 am by Autohummer »

Okay, I just need starting locations from Lorric and PVD_Hope and we can start.