Author Topic: XSTR!  (Read 1172 times)

I don't know what XSTR! means, but Freespace campaigns seem to like having random guys say it, including Command, wingmen, capital ships, etc.  I had initially thought it was limited to one campaign (I forget which one; I've played several recently and just wrote it off as random weirdness that didn't hurt anything), but it just happened again in Twilight, which I couldn't have seen it in before because I just downloaded it.  I'm putting this here instead of the support forum because I don't know if it's an error or some in-joke I'm not getting among campaign makers.  What gives? 
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
XSTR is what FRED uses to enclose text.  Basically a line like this in FRED:

XSTR("Put mission description here
", -1)

in the appropriate place (the above came from mission description) shows that text.  It's used everwhere.  Now there may be places that are messed up because someone used an invalid character in the mission (a ; is a good one) but normally you should not see them.  If you do it's a bug in the mission. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Booting this to Support, since it's a bug.