Author Topic: Audio desynchronizing on upgraded FSPort Cutscenes  (Read 892 times)

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Audio desynchronizing on upgraded FSPort Cutscenes
I decided to do a run through the FSPort, and I installed mjn.mixael's upgraded cutscenes, but, for some reason, after I start the video, the audio plays for a moment, hitches, and then restarts, resulting in the audio lagging about a second behind the video of the cutscene.  Any ideas what's wrong?

EDIT: On closer inspection, I found that the problem only presents on the 720p and 1080p versions of the cutscenes.  It's present in all the upgraded cutscenes, but it's only really noticeable in the endgame cutscene. The 480p version is fine, however.

fs2_open.log is attached.

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 11:06:33 pm by Rhymes_With_PSYCHO »
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Audio desynchronizing on upgraded FSPort Cutscenes
Off the top of my head, install the latest graphics drivers & audio drivers.  Not sure if you need to, but sometimes updating your codecs helps.   I get mine from free-codecs.com (try the K-Lite codec pack), but, honestly, that may not be your problem.  Try it if updating drivers doesn't work and no one else can solve the issue.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Re: Audio desynchronizing on upgraded FSPort Cutscenes
I dug through the thread for the movies, and I think I found what the problem was, actually.
Mjn.mixael mentioned on the later pages of the thread that FS2 needs a lot of computer muscle to decode the larger movies, and I'm running on a mid-range laptop.

I'll update the drivers and codecs just in case, anyway, and I'll update if it has any effect. 
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”