Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 117962 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I loved the Mako,
Mourned it's loss in the sequel.
I hope it returns.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The Hammerhead was a fair bit more fun, I think, even if it had that stupid scanner display thing that made it feel like a plastic toy.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I absolutely hated the Hammerhead segments, because combat was boring. You had to sit back and lob missiles at anything because it was frail as **** and even a few geth troopers would make quick work out of you.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
I loved the Mako,
Mourned it's loss in the sequel.
I hope it returns.

What made it so bad,
was improbable terrain -
not Mako itself...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
With that I concur.
Such tiny, yet steep mountains
Were ever a pain.

But that little mako,
Could easily conquer,
Those impossible mountains.
"Neutrality means that you don't really care, cuz the struggle goes on even when you're not there: Blind and unaware."

"We still believe in all the things that we stood by before,
and after everything we've seen here maybe even more.
I know we're not the only ones, and we were not the first,
and unapologetically we'll stand behind each word."

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
But that little mako,
Could easily conquer,
Those impossible mountains.

Part of the problem,
Mako's performance was:
No vehicle can
ascend a slope steeper than
forty-five degrees angle.

(branching out to tanka.)

(provided that the coefficient of static friction between the surface and the wheels is less than or equal to one)

There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline mxlm

This thread
has become
really weird
you sick ****s

Regarding the death toll in the trailer, are we assuming that's the whole planet's death toll?  Couldn't it just be London's?

It could
but then
that would
imply
that greater london
has its own defenses
which are not integrated
with any other defenses anywhere ever
which would be a little odd
unless future earth is reenacting the period of warring greek city states
which would be a little awesome
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
The Mako was okay. The problem wasn't the Mako itself, but all the repetitive missions you had to use it in.

The Hammerhead is way more fun to just move around in. It handles like the hovertanks in Battlezone, and I haven't seen any other game in the meantime that recreates that feel.

Offline Hades

That's true about the general movements in the Hammerhead, though it really needs to be toughened up with a health bar (or something more noticeable than some smoke plumes coming from it) to tell you the health. :p
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline mxlm

You two
Suck
Terrible not-Haikus
Are mandatory
Goat****ers
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Quote from: mxlm
arglebargle, glop-glyg

Haiku is a poem;
middle line has seven bars,
first and last but five.

Tanka is much alike,
it has five lines in total.
First three like Haiku,
but the rest is different;
seven syllables per line.

Offline mxlm

That's why
I called it
Not-Haiku

Offline Hades

----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
The Reapers look smaller in the trailer.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
There is only one way to fight the Reapers...

John Connor...and He-Man...and Voltron..and the Power Rangers..and Mechagodzilla...and Gandalf the White...and SDF-1...and Chuck Norris!(tm)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
There is only one way to fight the Reapers...

John Connor...and He-Man...and Voltron..and the Power Rangers..and Mechagodzilla...and Gandalf the White...and SDF-1...and Chuck Norris!(tm)

Nope. The Doc (of BTTF fame) takes Shepard back in time to nuke the race that created/sublimed into the Reapers
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Meh, Chuck Norris can do it alone. You know, that guns carry HIM to be more tougher  :lol:

I liked the mako, even if the controls were a little to sensible and I hated to climb mountains in that thing. Mostly I liked it's weapons.

The Hammerhead also wasn't that bad, but totally unbalanced. Way too strong weapon and too weak hull. But the moving was OK. As stated, it really reminded on the battlezone games, that was fun :) Stronger Hammerhead with Mako-Gun, that would it be for me :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy

Here we go! :D
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."