Author Topic: SOC Loop Icon present after loop  (Read 1584 times)

Offline CT27

SOC Loop Icon present after loop
I've played a couple campaigns where I enter into an SOC loop and play it; however, after the SOC loop is completed and I'm back into "normal" missions, the "Exit Loop" button is still present in the upper right corner of the briefing screen.  In most cases I'm still able to play the campaign normally with no game-breaking stuff happening.

Has anyone else had this problem happen where the "Exit Loop" button won't go away?  Most recently for me it happened while playing Derelict 3.7

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: SOC Loop Icon present after loop
Yeah, I think it's a bug that I haven't got around to fixing yet :(

Don't press the exit loop button when you're not in a loop :D
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline CT27

Do you think this will be fixed in the next official release (3.7.1 or something)?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I'd *like* to have it fixed before the next official release (3.7.2)...
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline CT27

It also happened in the campaign "Allied Forces".  That one had no gamebreaking problems as a result as far as I could tell.

This problem did give me a relatively minor problem with SOC stuff in Derelict (but I'll make a separate thread about that later).

Online deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I've noticed it in the FS2 main campaign, but I've never clicked it in case something bad happened.  :)
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.