Author Topic: White Omega (The Babylon Project) Pre-Xmas Announcement  (Read 2897 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
White Omega (The Babylon Project) Pre-Xmas Announcement
Sooo .. since the announcement for the results Freespace 2-Freding has been our for a while and some questions were raised up here and there about what I'd be doing towards TBP right now...
well, here is your answer:

Lately I have not been FREDing very much in general but maybe I've been able to set somethings up despite that ;)
as for my campaigns:
1) "The Black Hand II" has turned into a nightmare (esspecially since ... wait cann't tell) - but once DoW hits servers (and that might well be still in 2008!) I'll see right to the this project with even more enthusiasm and raw, FRED-based power

2) "Awakening of the Beast" is all healthy and proceeding - there had been minor story changes and a lot of technical work-arounds to be done as the new 3rd party release guidelines are now in place

3) "Drums Of War III" - Yeah, what happened to "Drums Of War III"? - well I somekind stepped away from the "epic-summ-it-all-up" ending I orginial had in mind with the battle at Morgoth's Twins - but what is the campaign becoming now, you might ask... well, see for yourselves in this two brand new screenies!

[attachment stolen by Slimey Goober]
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: White Omega (The Babylon Project) Pre-Xmas Announcement
Great to hear you still have a passing interest in TBP Orph. I enjoyed your first two Drums of War installments. I'm fascinated to learn more about the new direction in which you are taking the series in this latest installment. Which from the screenshot appears to be towards a bunch of Drakh cruisers. If I were the captain of the Poseidon, I'd be tempted to turn around.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Which from the screenshot appears to be towards a bunch of Drakh cruisers. If I were the captain of the Poseidon, I'd be tempted to turn around.

Turning around won't help, jumping out is better.
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I'll leave the question open ... you will see the end of this engagement....

I'm currently doing the finals step to finish the epilogue mission and the credits cutscene of Drums Of War III (bonus for the secret-spotters amongst you) - sooo we will see us again in three days time in the worst chase...

BTW the release will feature the FULL release of all three parts -- with some fixes....
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline darkmax

cool... can't wait

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
BTW the release will feature the FULL release of all three parts -- with some fixes....

*cough* FortuneHunters *cough*   :yes:

has some massive benefits  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.