Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora

Question on models...

(1/4) > >>

Nightstorm:
Hello everyone,

I've been following BTRL for well over a year now and though I was at first concerned about the break up, after reading all about the future plans of Diaspora I have to say I'm very much looking forward to it.  I have a couple of questions on the models if a team member would be willing to divulge the info.  Were the models that were previously created be shared by both BTRL and Diaspora?  I have read no mention of the Galactica model itself.  I take that to infer that a new model may need to be created?  Scotchy has done such a wonderful job on the Pegasus I'm sure that wouldn't be a strech for the Diaspora team's talent at all if it's the case.  I read that all models that were 100% created by Diaspora members will be used, so I presume that models that don't meat that criteria will not.  Would anyone be willing to give us a breakdown of what caft we can expect new versions of over what we've previously seen?  Thank you and great work!

Fish:
From the FAQ: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,56783.0.html

--- Quote ---Both Vipers will be available to fly. As will the Raptor, Cylon Raider, Blackbird and several other fighters from the BSG Universe.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Release 1 will include a Battlestar, Basestar, several RTF ships and the most important Cylon  and Colonial fighter craft
--- End quote ---

:D

Scotchy:
The Pegasus version seen in the Capship Test video is still available to BTRL to use. I don't know if they will, but I have made it available. I've been working on a new Pegasus for Diaspora, as well. So I suppose you could say that certain assets are shared in a sense.

Thaeris:
Hmmm...

More or less the same minor questions I brought up in the "differences thread" a day or two ago...

As the answer has not quite been filled in yet, I suppose this is an appropriate way to address the problem.

-Thaeris

karajorma:
As you may have noticed, the two canon Vipers are new models, as is the Basestar. Both Raiders will also be models you haven't played with although the Season 4 Advanced Raider may have been shown off while we were still on the BtRL team.

As for what else you can expect, we do have more ships but we'd rather show you pictures once they are done. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version