Hosted Projects - Standalone > The Babylon Project

Working on new B5 models and mini mod.

<< < (2/4) > >>

0rph3u5:

--- Quote from: starbug on December 13, 2021, 09:46:07 am ---Also this my own on personal project i want to do, Why can't there be 2? there are 2 Star wars projects, there have been 2 Battlestar Galactic mods. Most games like sins of a solar empire for example have multiple Star trek, Star wars, Warhammer 40K mods.

I mean no disrespect but this is something i want to do and be able to say i made that by the end. [...] This is just a small passion project i would like to do. Its like building a model railway.

--- End quote ---

If you are willing to put in the work, there is no (good) reason to stop you.

Actually I am looking quite forward to the result  :yes:  FSO has a lot of nice options hidden away that could use some exposure that a new B5 mod could bring.

TBP is one of "the venerable old ones" of FSO modding as such it was achieved a status no one can take away from it. But it also means that maybe it is a bit too beholden to choices made under circumstances that no longer hold weight they once did.

starbug:
Oh i love the TBP project i have followed since its inception, When Icefire, Tomcat where around. I have nothing but love and respect for the TBP which is why i came here to ask for any tips from any of the development team.

What i am doing is just something small. Not a full TC as that would be totally unrealistic for me.  Also i was unsure if the TBP was still being actively being worked on other than updating to work on current builds

wesp5:

--- Quote from: starbug on December 13, 2021, 09:46:07 am ---Why can't there be 2? there are 2 Star wars projects, there have been 2 Battlestar Galactic mods.

--- End quote ---

There are two Battlestar Galactica mods? I only know about Diaspora. And I don't think there is even one finished FSO Star Wars project, probably because instead of working together, people alway try to do their own stuff and fail...

starbug:
No offense but that is uncalled for,  the star wars original trilogy mod was released back in 2014. The other one fate of the galaxy is still going with regular updates on discord and looks fantastic. To say fail I think is unfair, esp to the people working on the mods.

Also what I want to do with my mini mod might not be the direction the TBP team want. As I said I am happy to share my assets, like I came here to ask for advice, but I want to build my own thing.

The babylon project itself went through a long development process and was nearly canceled at one point and has gone through several rebuilds  during its development, inferno is still being developed. Just because something takes a long time doesn't mean it failed.

There was another battlstar mod released either 2019 or 2020 by a relative unknown guy, I can't remember the mod name. It was really good but extremely difficult and I don't think it had checkpoints.

Now the author was given feedback, and for some reason he didn't take it well and the mod was briefly removed from knossos, but then put it back and then something else was said and it was removed again. Now it was a very small TC but it was very polished and fun.

Strygon:

--- Quote from: wesp5 on December 13, 2021, 12:03:57 pm ---
--- Quote from: starbug on December 13, 2021, 09:46:07 am ---Why can't there be 2? there are 2 Star wars projects, there have been 2 Battlestar Galactic mods.

--- End quote ---

There are two Battlestar Galactica mods? I only know about Diaspora. And I don't think there is even one finished FSO Star Wars project, probably because instead of working together, people alway try to do their own stuff and fail...

--- End quote ---

No one is obligated to work on existing mods rather than work on whatever they wish. People do this for free out of their own desire, this isn't some kind of company where people get paid to get a product out as efficiently as possible, so quit your whining and stop trying to dictate how people spend their efforts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version