Author Topic: Weapons! We need YOUR help!  (Read 47199 times)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Re: Weapons! We need YOUR help!
Can't you just make a mishmash of the mediavp weapon effects? Modify them enough to get them look like high quality FS1 weaps, just using the mediavp effects. If you edit enough, they won't look like the FS2 versions.

In other words- simply use mediavp effects. Would save time, and still look good.

that is one of the most anti-spirit-of-the-comunity posts I have ever seen.
be full of shame.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Hmm, i'd like to take the shield breaker and ML 16 effects, but if someone gets around to it before me that's fine

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Shield Breaker is the one that I HAVE already done, actually.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
That's kind of.. plain... 4 blobs fused together?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 05:40:26 pm by Hellstryker »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Three? :wtf:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
I did the flail. I honestly don't like it, but apparently galemp does, so that's done  :nod:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
We have some nice stuff here. We need more animated particle effects, and I still need missile models.

The Fury and Tsunami are apparently done, but not yet posted. The EMP is in progress but nobody's touched the cluster bomb yet.

Is this ok for the cluster bomb?

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Looks wonderful! I particularly like the tail fins. I want to point out two things though:from the animations it looks like the middle is skinnier, then flares out at the front. I might be wrong, though, as it could simply be the shadow of the bomblets on the middle. Also, are those bomblets ovoid across their entire length? Or are they cylinders with rounded ends?

Thanks! The middle of the model is slightly skinnier at the back but it's not very noticeable. I'm not too sure if this is what it is supposed to be like. The bomblets are just cylinders with rounded ends.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Yeah, I always thought the middle narrowed just after the front, like this:

(>====>---

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It does narrow out for just a little bit, then it flares out into a bulb.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Like this?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Better. Make the main body longer so the back of the bulb looks a bit short and more sudden like shown in the .ani files.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I'd say make the entire body as skinny as you have the back now, and leave the bulb its current width.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
The Disruptor and Tsunami are in-game and have tech models.

So where's that cluster bomb?

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
For some reason I think the disruptor textures cold look.. grittier. The Tsunami just looks plain wierd, but so did the retail version :p

Here is the Cluster Bomb.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
No, here is the Cluster Bomb.

Looks like it needs a new coat of paint, doesn't it?