Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Scripting Workshop

Lost when it comes to scripts...

(1/2) > >>

kobl:
I just got freespace scp a couple days ago. Amazing game. But I can't get scripts to work in the slightest I' running WMCoolmon's latest build, and made a scripting.tbl file, bur I'm not sure where to put it or how to execute scripts in game. Sorry for being so dumb.

Thanks

Mustang19:
:welcome:

\FreeSpace\Data\Tables. The game should automatically use your table files, whether they be script.tbl, weapons.tbl, etc. as long as they're in the Tables directory.

kobl:
Thanks a ton! I'll let you know how it works out!

Edit: Every time I try to start a mission the game crashes. I'm sure whats going on. I'm using nuke's mouse script and build fs2_open_C05202007_r.exe

Scripting.tbl is in
C:\Games\Freespace 2\data\Tables

Edit 2:

Heres my error info.

Could not find index 'getX' in type 'Controls'

------------------------------------------------------------------
ADE Debug:
Name:      (null)
Name of:   (null)
Function type:   (null)
Defined on:   0
Upvalues:   0

Source:      (null)
Short source:   
Current line:   0

LUA Stack:

1: Userdata [Controls]
2: String [getX]

Wanderer:
Try the one from this http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,44634.msg913829.html#msg913829 post

Nuke:
wow, somones actually using one of my scripts. i havent been keeping it up to date with the latest head builds but it should still work. il see about an update later once get this new computer in order. ive been buisy with other side projects like writing my own game engine and doing robot textures for d2xxl, not to mention actual work. so ive been letting nukemod and the mouse script slide.

that link should be the most recent version. but i think an update is in order to make the user interface a bit easyer to use. also i need to tweak my cfg format, because if you want to edit it manually, it wont work if you use note/wordpad. you can use run->edit or something like notepad++, which shouldnt delete any special hidden chars im using.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version