FreeSpace Releases > Scripting Releases

Corridor/on rail missions

<< < (2/7) > >>

Roanoke:

--- Quote from: Unknown Target on July 20, 2007, 12:22:15 pm ---If you're showing the video, why keep the script to do it a secret? Someone else may be able to use it :)

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Wanderer on July 20, 2007, 02:29:59 pm ---Pretty much the same as people posting fancy pics of 3d model meshes and textured models. All completely useless without the actual model and texture files.

--- End quote ---

I think UT means it would be nice to release the code to the community. I'd like that, given my own pet-project could use it, though I'd fully understand if you chose not.  :)

Nuke:
heh, cool, you got it to work.

Bobboau:
hmm. yeah, BWO sure would like to have an edge on everybody else, maybe I should make it so the triggered animation system only works for us until we release. come on it's called a community for a reason, I dislike the secretive nature of mods as it is, don't set a new precedent by keeping code to yourself, especially scripting, scripting needs as much help as it can get right now..

Shade:
Just people seeing what can be done with it will help scripting quite a lot, I imagine. More and more people are waking up to how powerful it is every day. As for this, we'll get our hands on it when the mod comes out. It's not like he's keeping an engine upgrade covered up so that noone else can use the feature, since the tools to do it are available to anyone with the skills to use them.

I mean, I'd certainly like to get my hands on that sweet Galactica model that Omniscaper has made, but really, if I wanted it bad enough then I've got the tools to make one myself (given enough blood, sweat, tears, and a gratuitous amount of cursing at TS3) so I can hardly complain that he wants to keep it private until his own mod is ready for release. After all, it's his work.

jr2:
Try PMing Wanderer with what you have in mind, I'm sure he might be able to help somehow, perhaps...? It never hurts to ask... (well, usually!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version