General FreeSpace > FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support

The state of audio (OpenAL) in FreeSpace 2 Open

<< < (7/7)

LazPL:
How can I force a specific sound device to be used? In my fresh FSO install (Knossos) on my fresh new laptop, the sound is disregarding whatever sound device is selected in windows, it only comes out of the laptop speakers. It also disregards the windows volume settings... All I can do is mute the sound completely.
I guess I have whatever OpenAL version Knossos installed.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Any ideas?

Antares:
You should be able to select your preferred playback device in the settings window, under the Audio menu.

LazPL:

--- Quote from: Antares on January 05, 2021, 05:04:36 pm ---You should be able to select your preferred playback device in the settings window, under the Audio menu.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Antares, but that's precisely the problem - The selected audio output setting is ignored by FSO, whatever device I have connected, whether wired or Bluetooth, and whatever device is selected in Windows when I launch Knossos, the FSO sound will come through the laptop speakers - and what is more, the volume settings are also ignored - as they're controlling the selected output device, which is not the same as the one FSO is using. Really strange. This doesn't happen with any other software. Thanks for any ideas!

LazPL:
I just realized that I could set the preferred audio output device in Knossos - and that it overrides whatever Windows is set to use... So, problem solved! My bad, sorry...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version