FreeSpace Releases > Asset Releases

[Release] Apollo HTL and MK2, Prototype, Bomber variants

<< < (3/16) > >>

HLD_Prophecy:
Oh mah GOODNESS, these look beautiful! Why we don't pay you for what you do, I don't know.  ;)

The E:
About the modelled thrusters: What is happening here is that when the engine renders modelled thrusters, the thruster geometry is distorted per frame to simulate thruster flickering. The engine does this by scaling said geometry along the z-Axis. The larger the thruster flame is, the more notable this effect becomes; if you look at the MediaVPs 2014's Medusa, the same effect is visible, but much less exaggerated since the actual thruster geometry is much smaller. In the Apollo model, the thrusters have their zero point at or near the model center, this would need to be reset so that their bounding box (which is what the engine uses to determine the size of the thrust subobject, and which is thus the determining factor in how much it will get distorted) covers only the actual geometry.

The other and likely easier solution is to add the "no thruster geometry noise" flag to the ship's table entry. This will completely disable the noisiness.

Nyctaeus:
Anyone experianced corrupted rar? All files in subfolders seems to be broken. At least WinRAR say so :P.

Even with broken rar, I just admire it. I was sceptical to Hades' model when he started it, but the final result is outstanding. Kudos to both of ya, guys :yes:

fightermedic:

--- Quote from: The E on August 25, 2016, 12:27:03 pm ---About the modelled thrusters: What is happening here is that when the engine renders modelled thrusters, the thruster geometry is distorted per frame to simulate thruster flickering. The engine does this by scaling said geometry along the z-Axis. The larger the thruster flame is, the more notable this effect becomes; if you look at the MediaVPs 2014's Medusa, the same effect is visible, but much less exaggerated since the actual thruster geometry is much smaller. In the Apollo model, the thrusters have their zero point at or near the model center, this would need to be reset so that their bounding box (which is what the engine uses to determine the size of the thrust subobject, and which is thus the determining factor in how much it will get distorted) covers only the actual geometry.

The other and likely easier solution is to add the "no thruster geometry noise" flag to the ship's table entry. This will completely disable the noisiness.

--- End quote ---
alright, i will have a look how it looks with that flag, thank you :)

edit: looks too static now, hm, i have removed the modeled thrusters, the ship looks best with just oridinary thrusters as it is now

fightermedic:

--- Quote from: Betrayal on August 25, 2016, 12:45:38 pm ---Anyone experianced corrupted rar? All files in subfolders seems to be broken. At least WinRAR say so :P.

Even with broken rar, I just admire it. I was sceptical to Hades' model when he started it, but the final result is outstanding. Kudos to both of ya, guys :yes:

--- End quote ---
just tested it, 7zip can decompress just fine, no idea about winrar,  i don't have it installed right now
maybe your download got corrupted? other people don't seem to have the problem too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version