Author Topic: fs2_open 3.5.5  (Read 23594 times)

Offline Genoism

• WIP FS3
lol thanks for the welcome and the link karaj. Last night i went to the same EXACT place as your link since i've seen you give it to other people but it wouldn't download! But now it has for some odd reason, so now i think ill enjoy the campaign with nice graphics again :) THanks again.
After much debate I decided quotes are a waste of time.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
just a note to people starting out, its probably not a good idea to get 3.5.5 since there are much newer and better builds in circluation at the present time.

the newest test build is here
the launcher for the newest builds should be here.  unless RT starts a thread that will be a permant place to download the launcher
report bugs found in that build here

perhaps we should just unstick this and close it since 3.5.5 is ancient ;)
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Nah... it's the latest "official" build, and it works well.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
3.5.5 does have some benifits Goober but at least warn people who want to use it not to download the latest media.vp :)

The amount of times I've seen posts from people who've used the two together and then found their weapons effects have disappeared. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Er- the latest media VP shouldn't contain the weapon effects.  They're extra stuff made by Lightspeed, so they should be available separately.

I'll have to reorganize the zip stuff.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Its not Lightspeeds advanced weapon effects that are included, its the 32bit tga lasers.  Remember how Lightspeed started off his carreer here by releaseing new thruster trails, followed by 32-bit tga versions of all of the primary effects.  Those effects require the -jpgtga (or -t32 depending on the build) flag to be visible.  The official 3.5.5 build doesn't support the required tag(s) and thus won't display them.  That's the big problem... people don't know that.  Pretty much any of the HTL builds support the required tag, but none of them are "official".

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I'm getting a divide by zero error when it tries to load a briefing.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
hmmmm.
*spots a newbie (only 1 post)
*doesn't see any of the older guys around

:welcome:

You do realize that tihs is a VERY old version of SCP that you have downloaded. I suggest you go to the Wiki to find out more about an up-to-date version of the exe :)

Flamethrowers are under the seat, but are empty. Use the shotguns instead - if you see Carl, dont shoot. Give him your lunch (or lunch money) and he'll leave you alone. Dont flame the SCP gods, drool over the Environmental build, and dont play a subspace mission if you feel dizzy.

Karajoma's FAQ is your friend, but the Wiki is even closer. Have a nice day :)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

[scp][/scp]

it helps to provide a link.....
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Yes, it does.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline IanR

Sooo...

.... after re-installing FS2 for the first time in ages (and wiping the dust off the joystick in the process) I decided to check out if there was much in the way of community support still around.

Wow.

High-res textures? Specular lighting? Hardware t&l?!

Freespace never looked so sweet!

I just had a run through the first mission into the nebula beyond Gamma Draconis, and everything was wonderfully sharp and smooth - it was entirely missing the 'grainyness' the clouds had before.

Kudos to everyone involved, and I have a lot of catching up to do!

IanR

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You have. Check out Homesick or inferno once you've finished the main campaign.

You should be able to find both on skippy's campaign list (which you'll find in the campaigns forum or via my FAQ).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Glad to hear you enjoyed it IanR :) Yes it is pretty awesome stuff ;)

And if that's what it's like for normal Freespace 2 stuff, imagine what some of the Mods are going to be like ;)