Author Topic: Strange Question....  (Read 2036 times)

How Do I slow this game down? I'm running this on a very nice computer, and things are way to fast. (I've beaten FS2 before, and know what the speed should be for enemy craft..)

I've downloaded and installed the extra effects vp's, as well as turned on most eyecandy things in the launcher...

Is anyone else running SCP on a heavy duty rig, and seeing something like this?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
:welcome:

Now, theres a comment game designers don't hear much these days ;) I used to get spates of 'high speed' from older HTL builds, where the game would suddenly accelerate, but I haven't encountered that for ages. Have you turned on VSync, it may help a little at least visually?

to slow down the game, get FS2_open, activate cheats. There, u can slow it down to 1/4 of the time it should be. Or you could just drug yourself so everything looks really slow. Take your pick. And btw...
This is the admiral speaking. All beam cannon gunners, report to your station. We have a new target bearing 156 by 297 by 328. Commence plasma core insertion. Fire!

Offline Falcon

Nomad_Wanderer!

Welcome to Hard Light Productions. Many people will lead you to believe that there are exits through out the building, but the real truth is that when you entered the building you came through a one-way door. There are several weapons available for use, from flamethrowers to plasma rifles, but the lack of napalm and the old age of the plasma rifles only make them good for bludgeoning tools. If for some reason you find yourself venturing into the airducts you will encounter a shivan, if it's Carl then just hand over your lunch and you may get out alive.  Also be sure to use the search function regularly and don't ever, ever mention the words Freespace and the number 3 together (bad things have happened). Enjoy your stay.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I suspect that you've turned the fast forward option on. Check the bottom right corner of your display. Does it say x2 or x4 below the mission time? If so press SHIFT < to slow the speed back to x1
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Originally posted by karajorma
I suspect that you've turned the fast forward option on. Check the bottom right corner of your display. Does it say x2 or x4 below the mission time? If so press SHIFT < to slow the speed back to x1

Yep. that was it. I must have hit time accelerate accidentally when I was doing TSM 107A/B. Bad default key location if you ask me.

BTW, thanks for the cruiser fix. I got a crash/error on that mission too.

Offline Mav

Originally posted by Falcon
Nomad_Wanderer!

Welcome to Hard Light Productions. Many people will lead you to believe that there are exits through out the building, but the real truth is that when you entered the building you came through a one-way door. There are several weapons available for use, from flamethrowers to plasma rifles, but the lack of napalm and the old age of the plasma rifles only make them good for bludgeoning tools. If for some reason you find yourself venturing into the airducts you will encounter a shivan, if it's Carl then just hand over your lunch and you may get out alive.  Also be sure to use the search function regularly and don't ever, ever mention the words Freespace and the number 3 together (bad things have happened). Enjoy your stay.

What a poor guy - hit by 3 beams at once!!! I wonder that he is still alive... :) :lol:
-__ o_O___O_o
I______O_O_______dragons
________o

-----------------------------------
capship shields DO WORK !!!
my models, now with pics
test mission for commanding capships
-----------------------------------
suffering from a late stage of BoE-infection - DON'T call a doctor, it's too late for that anyway ;o)