Author Topic: RW 2.1 Patch  (Read 20918 times)

I think Raider wars might be done, Like a    "Final Verison".   You start to get diminishing returns because there are always improvemets that can be made only takes longer to find them.  I am trying new build 3.6.7 now.  

a min later

I am getting a error with build 3.6.7  You put files in "Babylon Project"  right?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 10:11:20 pm by 2196 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Yes this patch is supposed to be the final patch and RW2.0 + the patch is supposed to be the final version. You need the new build patch for 3.6.7. The old build patch will cause you errors.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Tuvok

I dont know what to do,
please explain me step by step how to install these Patch for Raider Wars and what Programm i need to do that!!!
I have the Basic 3.2 version (the one who didnt need Freespace 2)
And did i install Raider Wars 2.0 and the Patch 2.01 befor install these patch???
And which of these Patches i have to Download the old or the new???(Or where can i see what i need)

Please respond, thanks.

I want to play the "Nightmare Scenario"-Mission :mad:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You have unmodified TBP 3.2? Okay.

1. Install Raider Wars 2.0

2. Install the patch entitled:
Raider Wars 2.1 patch for old SCP builds (like the one bundled with TBP 3.2 by default) above.

If problems with Nightmare Scenario persist look in the forum for other threads mentioning Nightmare Scenario such as this one:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,35839.0.html
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Two more threads about nightmare scenario I just found by just going a few pages back through the forum. There are probably more:

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,34646.0.html

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,33837.0.html

Offline Tuvok

Yes i have the unmoddet Base 3.2, should i unpack the Raider Wars 2.1 patch for old SCP builds only into the "C:/The Babylon Project\". More not??

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
To quote the patch "Extract these files to your main TBP directory".  So if "C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project" is your main TBP directory, then extract the files to "C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project".

If you accepted all the default settings when you installed TBP then "C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project" is your main TBP directory. Really it is very difficult to get this wrong.

Offline Tuvok

I have found the Mistake, i must create a new Account and load under Tech Date Nightmare Scenario and it works!!!
RW doesnt like to use a old Name used in other Campaigns!

Thanks for your help IPAndrews!!!
I have found it in your links to other threads!

Offline ToecrusherHammerjaw

• Trayus no more.
Do I always have to be the one?  At Tuvok: Target Locked, Fire!!!

:welcome:

Welcome to the Hard Light Production Facility. Current topside temperature is 3000 degrees centigrade. Take note of any rogue ships outside. If you are attacked by a Zephyr, grab a nailgun and blow it in half.  If attacked by a Spitfire, RUN!!! In case of an emergency, please allow the women, children, and Vasudans to leave first. Should you require weapons (nailguns aside), there is a flamethrower underneath your chair, but those are full of water, so I hope you brought your own stuff. If not, in case of attack, just run screaming at the enemy and hope something happens. In regards to the plasma rifles in the weapons lockers, only an Admin, a Volition god, or a hyper-intelligent shade of the color blue may open them. If you decide to explore our wonderful ducts, you may encounter Carl, our resident Shivan. If you do, just give him your lunch and back away slowly. If he gets mad......screw it, you're dead.  Thank you, and have a pleasant stay.

My first welcome speech! :D Did I do alright?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 11:25:52 pm by 3163 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I have found the Mistake, i must create a new Account and load under Tech Date Nightmare Scenario and it works!!!
RW doesnt like to use a old Name used in other Campaigns!

Thanks for your help IPAndrews!!!
I have found it in your links to other threads!

Oh right. Cool. Well I tested the version of the patch for new builds (again) and it still seems to work fine. I'll still wait for someone else to verify they have played fhrough the campaign with the new build patch before I promote it from beta to release though. As it wouldn't be the first time something had worked on my machine but not someone else's machine.

Offline T_A

am i the only one that cant get passed the first mission
the one where you need to kill the raider base in the astroid field
that base i raping me and my wing
(and the raider ships are so thine my they go through my shots...)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Ah, you need one of the "Raider Wars is too difficult" threads. Since the search function is disabled though I'll give you a hint. Take along a disruptor gun. It won't damage enemy fighters but it'll make short work of those turrets on the enemy base. Leave the enemy fighters to your wingmen. Oh and turn the difficulty level down ;). Since you're playing the campaign anyway install the latest version of FSOpen (3.6.7) and try the new build patch. The patch also makes certain missions a bit easier.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
(and the raider ships are so thine my they go through my shots...)

You will hit them more often with some training...
the Aurora flies best in dogfights when you are 0 or low speed (smaller circle when turning)... the raiders are flying at full thrust most of the time so you will get a clear shoot at their tops...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
For anyone who's interested. This patch should be 99% compatible with release 3.3. I haven't tested it of course but I'm just going by what changes were made and what ships RW uses. The only change I know about which will affect the campaign is the name change for the Babylon 5 station. Which will effect the final epilogue cutscene (may throw an error, B5 will certainly vanish).

Offline Steel

• http://www.rlgaming.com
actually i nwas wondering...  :)  Thx Andrews.

BTW - what can I do to make these missions coop?  extract them and edit in FRED?  can anyone tell me what I might need to do to make them coop?  thx.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 11:07:55 pm by Steel »
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Stop, Look, and Listen

XO, Wings of Fury
http://www.wings-of-fury.com

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
BTW - what can I do to make these missions coop?  extract them and edit in FRED?  can anyone tell me what I might need to do to make them coop?  thx.

To make them coop:
1) ask if IP allows it, if he does not skip all 4 stages below
2) extract them from the VP to your mission directory and change their names (so nothing get's messed up).
3) open each one with Fred and go to the mission specs editor (Shift + N by default). left hand side, right under the Designer's Name you find 3 buttons where you may change the missions type (SP, MP, Training). Once you tiggered MP you have to choose "Cooperative".
4) Add player starting points to Alpha wing (ships editor - activate the player ship flag) and adjust the number of respawns (mission specs)
5) You are done (if IP says differently: do as he tells you)

REMEMBER: Now they are solo missions... RW is too long for a mulit-campaign (my oppinion)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The biggest problem with do this of course is that the campaign would become very easy with more than one player. Adding more enemies on the other hand makes things much more difficult.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Steel

• http://www.rlgaming.com
thx guys...

i don't think difficulty will be a problem - we are serious newbs!  :)  maybe after a while we will need to make things a bit more difficult.
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Stop, Look, and Listen

XO, Wings of Fury
http://www.wings-of-fury.com

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Knock yourself out Steel. If you get it working I'll be impressed, and give you a game on-line. I'm not sure how well RW will work as a multi-campaign but that's a different story.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You'll have a problem with the final mission with Eris most likely.

She can capture one of the players ships which could have really strange effects in a multiplayer mission
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]