Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 270149 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
So the Clan Invasion of the Inner Sphere proper was delayed for a month?  :P 

(It started in March in canon.)

No.  The dates are exactly the same.  Keep in mind that the MWO announcements are from an in-character perspective, with all the communication lag and uncertainty that entails.

EDIT: Added quote for clarity.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:16:14 pm by Scotty »

Gotta get back into practice with my Centurion and Catapult if I want any chance against whatever is causing all that ruckus ohgod.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Wheeee clans.  Too late for me, though.  I've given up on MWO.  Two patches ago they changed something that halved virtually everyone's framerates (judging by the majority of gripes from their Patch Feedback section).  Personally, I went from ~24 to ~12.  There's dramatic latency between where the client thinks I am pointing and where my screen is showing me I'm pointing, and I have to be very slow when lining up shots, otherwise a quick twitch to readjust causes a massive overshoot.  In the age of ERPPC/ERLL/Gauss alphastrikeocalypse, this means I'm half dead by the time I've landed my first successful shot, and I average about 75 damage per round.  It's just not fun to play this way.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Wheeee clans.  Too late for me, though.  I've given up on MWO.  Two patches ago they changed something that halved virtually everyone's framerates (judging by the majority of gripes from their Patch Feedback section).  Personally, I went from ~24 to ~12.  There's dramatic latency between where the client thinks I am pointing and where my screen is showing me I'm pointing, and I have to be very slow when lining up shots, otherwise a quick twitch to readjust causes a massive overshoot.  In the age of ERPPC/ERLL/Gauss alphastrikeocalypse, this means I'm half dead by the time I've landed my first successful shot, and I average about 75 damage per round.  It's just not fun to play this way.
  :sigh:
I still have 60 invested in this game... and I'm still waiting for it to get better.
I really should have went through with getting that refund instead of being convinced by a friendly support/dev mail not to.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Don't get me wrong, the game is fun when it's playing at decent speeds.  It's just... it's not.  They've got $15 of mine because I wanted more mechbays, and I believe that was a well-spent $15.  I'm gonna check back when they release new patches in hopes they've managed to solve their atrocious framerates.  They said some CryEngine improvements are due in May, hopefully they'll have cleaned up their render pipeline.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
personally i'm playing at 7-8 fps during heavy fighting and its barely playable for me.

****ty laptop. -.-
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
10 to 12 FPS here. Back then, I COULD play at 15 to 20 (20 to 30 on Alpine or Tourmaline), but now I can't even get a consistent 250+ score (on decent matches, I could get 400 and a crapload of savior bonuses and component crits, on peak performance, 750). The only way I can get some sort of slight FPS boon is to switch between my native laptop display and my old LCD monitor.

Now I can only get a 115 damage average in my Cats, my MSL Centurion is worthless and I would have to wait for missile state rewind for it to work...

... right now, I'm only making dough from an idiotically rigged Raven 2X (it has an LL and an ER PPC, goes at 95 KPH).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
A 2X with LL and ERPPC?  How does that not die instantly?

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

A 2X with LL and ERPPC?  How does that not die instantly?

[wine]Practice, sniping, staying at second line, a crappy 205 standard, almost maxed out ferro armor, endo, and flagrant abuse of ER PPCs at a kilometer and as a "get off the hill" message.[/wine]

Sad enough on Alpine assault, my entire team died and I basically was able to not get shot by their snipers in that crap 2X (their ERLLs and Gauss shots didn't pop me at a kilometer). Their fast movers did not find me at all (I was trying to wind down the clock, see what happens if the time goes to zero, but they decided to cap the base with a minute left on the clock).

EDIT: I got sick of the Raven, so I sold my 2X. Just have to fundgrind for a Centurion-D (so I can bloody Elite that and Master my A and AL, and nab the 300XL so I can use it for a Jenner or a Trebuchet). Having to win 30 times unperked is not fun.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:12:01 am by Black_Yoshi1230 »
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Y'know, I would have honestly believed you had higher FPS from how you play, esarai.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Awww, thank you.  I try. 

I enjoy laughing at the plebes on the MWO forums who complain about getting 60 fps.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Awww, thank you.  I try. 

I enjoy laughing at the plebes on the MWO forums who complain about getting 60 fps.
I enjoy laughing at the plebes that play games on such subpar equipment that they cannot even get 30fps  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

Today, they said they're nailing down most of the plaguing HUD issues with a patch today, and they figured out what happened. (Technical wall of text ahoy.)

According to what Paul says about the May update, there should be a tweak to LB-10X (cone of fire tightened), damage increase to Machine Guns (well, to .08), BAP nullifying one ECM, dedicated ECM hardpoint, and missile tweaking (higher velocity, and damage).

Well, I don't know what to say on the latter.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:53:54 pm by Black_Yoshi1230 »

Well, I don't know what to say on the latter.

Well, with my new Catapult C1, I say "woot".

Wow, I was trying to look up  some user.cfg fixes when I stumbled upon this thread. It's good to know HLP is still around a kicking.
Fat people are harder to kidnap :ha:

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Do want that Battlemaster.  The Thunderbolt looks way too much like a Summoner for me to take it seriously, though.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
TBH, I hate what they did with all the mechs. The Atlas is pretty much the only clearly recognizable one, and that's only because it's already very distinctive. I'm not sure if to hope that they implement a Daishi after the Clans arrive, or to hope they don't, because they'll ruin my favorite design. This "Thunder Bolt" (it's "Thunderbolt" everywhere else, BTW) is just a mislabeled Summoner and their Catapult took me a looong while to find similarities to the actual CAT. They might be pretty, but look nothing like they're supposed to.

Oh, BTW, I'm now playing MW1 and noticed that 3 of those 4 already appeared in the first MW game. :) And that's probably the one game where they're even less recognizable than in MWO... but that's probably due to the fact they consist of ~30 solid-colored polygons in there (2D graphics of them are accurate, BTW).

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
TBH, I hate what they did with all the mechs. The Atlas is pretty much the only clearly recognizable one, and that's only because it's already very distinctive. I'm not sure if to hope that they implement a Daishi after the Clans arrive, or to hope they don't, because they'll ruin my favorite design. This "Thunder Bolt" (it's "Thunderbolt" everywhere else, BTW) is just a mislabeled Summoner and their Catapult took me a looong while to find similarities to the actual CAT. They might be pretty, but look nothing like they're supposed to.

Oh, BTW, I'm now playing MW1 and noticed that 3 of those 4 already appeared in the first MW game. :) And that's probably the one game where they're even less recognizable than in MWO... but that's probably due to the fact they consist of ~30 solid-colored polygons in there (2D graphics of them are accurate, BTW).
Are you kidding? The art style is most definitely the best thing about MWO. It looks immensely better than anything else Battletech.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL