Author Topic: The Capella Supernova  (Read 11851 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Seems more likely than your explanation. In fact I haven't seen a single person agree with you that an accident is the most likely explanation yet.

While many of us agree that it's a possibility I can't see many thinking it's the most likely explanation.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I do take solace in the knowledge that none of the things we know about the Shivans lends any weight to your arguments though.
Apparently I know more about the shivies than you do. And honestly, I don't see absolutely anything in canon material that contradicts in any way what I said.
What is there in the techroom to give any weight to your arguments?
You either didn't read that very carefully, or deliberately misunderstood my point oh loquacious one.  I said no canon source of information on the Shivans in any way lends additional credibility to the theories you've espoused, not "You can't be right because canon stuff says you aren't!" or "There is overwhelming canon support for my position!"

I'm curious if you can actually tell me what my theories are?  As I recall, I've never actually proposed a theory on this particular topic (and indeed, never actually want to!), merely a narrative interpretation that examines the state of mind the player should have upon watching the final cutscene.  I've just been critiquing yours.  I'll be moderately impressed if you dredge up my actual Shivan theory though, so more power to you if you're so inclined.
Everything is better with monkeys.  Even pie.

That is the best first post I have ever seen.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm curious if you can actually tell me what my theories are?  As I recall, I've never actually proposed a theory on this particular topic (and indeed, never actually want to!), merely a narrative interpretation that examines the state of mind the player should have upon watching the final cutscene.  I've just been critiquing yours.  I'll be moderately impressed if you dredge up my actual Shivan theory though, so more power to you if you're so inclined.
According to you.
And weather you claim to or not, offering a different explanation IS a theory in itself. Shivans are suicidal and that's why they blew their own ships -  that's a theory.

Seems more likely than your explanation.
that's strictly a matter of opinion ;)
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If that's the case why do you keep assuming your opinion is worth anything then?

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
If that's the case why do you keep assuming your opinion is worth anything then?

The same reason you assume you opinions are worth anything.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
And on that note. Closed.