Author Topic: New Eyecandy Thread  (Read 844076 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I'm getting some random crazy crap from the debug exes, and now the missions work sometimes and not others. I'm hoping changing one of the Ezechiels shine maps will stop the majority of the crashes, however the last debug output I got should not be happening.

I've fixed mission 1, mission 2 works when it wants too though I hope the shinemap fix will make it work correctly.

At the moment INF Builds are so buggy they can't be used without random crashes, and one a few days ago gave me an error it couldn't find a file which filename was in gibberish.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Lucky me it looks like the Ezechiel shine map is the cause of the loading crashes. I'll keep monitoring it on both my systems just in case though.

Current versions of missions seem to be working again...

Offline Murderous Species

• Immortal
Ezechiel?
Shivan?
 :confused:
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"What is it, Alpha 1... CHICKEN?"
"Prepare ship for LUDICROUS SPEED"
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Terran medium fighter, it's used in most missions.

Crashes seem to occur now and then now, but at least it will load the mission on the next attempt, which is a lot better than a few hours ago...

• Immortal
INF version of GTF Myrmidon, right? Sounds good.
"Expecting a good plot from a certain genre of games, is expecting intelligence from the caracters it presents"- Myself
"Pain is an illusion of the body; fear, an illusion of the mind"- Warhammer 40.000: Dawn of War
"One fairy contains A LOT of vitamins and minerals; to the point we eat them on-sight; they also offer A LOT of resistance when you don't cook them!"
ALICE!!!!!

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
If you don't mind my asking, what on earth was wrong with the 'zeich's shinemap?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
INF version of GTF Myrmidon, right? Sounds good.
Inferno fighters are classified in this manner:
Light Fighter - Mihos
Medium Fighter - Ezechiel
Heavy fighter - Herc 3
Interceptor - Perseus ADv
Assault Fighter - Alves
Stealth - Daedalus

Light fighters are the quick but have weak hulls. Good against heavy fighters but not against capships.
Medium fighters act as a mid range, good for both fighter combat and against cruisers
Heavy fighters are great at attacking cruiser and corvettes but are slow in dogfights. High missile capacity
Interceptors are good against bombers and are the fastest craft
Assault fighters have the most gun banks and can be used for a variety of purposes
Stealth I shouldn't need to explain

Stratcomm: It was a 2*2 pixel dds file, I changed it to a pcx file.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
OMG you scrapped Vesuvius also? :shaking:
I hope at least Ezechiel can carry Assassins.
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It doesn't since the Assassin was replaced by the Arbalest, which is only carried by the Danaus or above.

We ripped out a lot of R1.

Offline Qwer

So now it's all ok?
Could you show me Gargant now please?
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I still get the occasional crash so I'm not activating the mods directory right now until I find out what's causing the core to crash now and then.

Offline Qwer

I still get the occasional crash so I'm not activating the mods directory right now until I find out what's causing the core to crash now and then.

Damn, again delays.
I can't wait to start makeing my own champaing based on R2 ships (don't worry, i'll put you into credits ;))

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Here's a render of an older build of it:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,28864.0.html

Disabling the mods directory causes no delay. My mods directory has the Gargant, Ancients and 12 other archives ships I have almost completed. The main mod files are in the data directory.

Offline Qwer

Quite nice one. :nod:
Could you give list of turrets? ;7

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
turrets???

Offline Qwer

What weapons Gargant got? 4 SUReds? SBFSbSpcRift?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If I gave you a list it wouldn't make sense as the weapons either have proper names or a codename. You'd need to know the weapons themselves.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Less talk, more eyecandy.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Qwer

Less talk, more eyecandy.
That's right. My eyes needs more candies. ;)

• Immortal
Mine, also. :eek2:
CANDIES!!!!
ALICE!!!!!