Author Topic: Entry Door - Where to start?  (Read 10655 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: Entry Door - Where to start?
C++ should only take you 3 weeks
*imgsnip*

Not sure if serious. I'd say it takes more like several years.

Also, impressive bump.

Heehee, I was just thinking about posting that.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
C++ should only take you 3 weeks
*imgsnip*

Not sure if serious. I'd say it takes more like several years.

Also, impressive bump.

ive read 3 books like it and i barely get c++ as it is. as i told aardwolf the other day, the more i learn about c++, the more i like c.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Personally whenever I'm forced to use C I always happen to find excellent places to use C++ constructs. IMHO void pointer casting and explicit typedefs aren't worth giving those features up, and I'm not a fan of how C lets you prototype functions without arguments.

granted, if I had to personally write a compiler for one I'd probably go with C, but thankfully there are plenty around already for both languages.

edit: and for the record there is a big difference between teaching yourself C++ in 3 weeks and teaching yourself how to program in 3 weeks.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
edit: and for the record there is a big difference between teaching yourself C++ in 3 weeks and teaching yourself how to program in 3 weeks.

Do you mean that the first part would read "teaching yourself C++ in 3 weeks, given that you already have some programming background (even if programming backgrounds can vary widely)"?

Well, I'm sure you could do it if you had a background in object programming.
But then you wouldn't be buying "teach yourself in 21 days" kind of books...
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.