Author Topic: Skyrim - Tytanis - Seeking male and female voice actors.  (Read 4893 times)

Offline Tytanis

Skyrim - Tytanis - Seeking male and female voice actors.
Hello everyone,

I am the creator of the popular Tytanis modification for Skyrim. (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1601)

We are seeking additional voice actors for various positions including main characters.

I will track this post, so if you're interested, please post.

Tyler

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: Skyrim - Tytanis - Seeking male and female voice actors.
I think yuezhi put it best:

IMO you sure found a random part of the internet to look for talent.

That said, best of luck.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
This guild is rather focused on voice-acting for FSO mods, and we have a lot of work already.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Lorric

Well, I did read something somewhere about people from here going off and poaching voice talent from other places. I guess we shouldn't be surprised someone might try to do the same here.

At first, I did think that we have enough trouble finding voice actors for Freespace mods, but Skyrim is a popular game and there's no harm in asking really, is there. If anything, it's a compliment to the work voice actors here have done around here that the question would come up.

I wonder if there could be a way for there to be a mutual benefit type agreement, with Freespace voice actors helping someone out, not necessarily this mod, and in return getting their voice talent for a Freespace mod? Just a thought I had. Two projects succeed where without that cooperation maybe neither succeed.

Has this ever happened before, someone from outside Freespace come looking here for voice talent?

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Well, I did read something somewhere about people from here going off and poaching voice talent from other places. I guess we shouldn't be surprised someone might try to do the same here.

People have definitely gone looking for talent at other sites that were dedicated to voice acting (example from Silent Threat: Reborn) but I've never heard of people going to other modding sites looking for actors, although that's not to say that it hasn't happened. There was the suggestion of Diaspora looking for VAs at BSG fan sites; dunno if that'll ever happen, but at least it makes sense that people in those communities might want to participate.

At first, I did think that we have enough trouble finding voice actors for Freespace mods, but Skyrim is a popular game and there's no harm in asking really, is there. If anything, it's a compliment to the work voice actors here have done around here that the question would come up.

He might have posted a similar statement in just about every modding community out there (or in the ones that have a VA forum), who knows.

Has this ever happened before, someone from outside Freespace come looking here for voice talent?

Yup. Didn't seem to go anywhere. Maybe people aren't much interested in voice acting outside HLP? Dunno.

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Hello everyone,

I am the creator of the popular Tytanis modification for Skyrim. (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1601)

We are seeking additional voice actors for various positions including main characters.

I will track this post, so if you're interested, please post.

Tyler

Hey there Tyler,

I would be interested voice acting in your mod. Do you have some audiiton lines you want me to do?

I'm already voice acting in Alexander Velicky's upcoming "Falskaar" mod for Skyrim. I voice Jarl Agnar and blacksmith Ragnarr in it.

And if you want to check on other projects where I've been, go to: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL21ECDFDAFE3249B8
There are some of the stuff I've done in the past.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja