Author Topic: [Release] HTL Leviathan  (Read 16389 times)

Offline fightermedic

• quite a nice guy, no really, i am
[Release] HTL Leviathan
Hades' and Oddgrim's Leviathan is now ready to go
PBR textured, so use a recent nightly if you want to swim along this one

download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?cwz9kmv1yc12cyo
also includes .png textures, and also Oddgrim's original textures

let me know of all the overlooked stupid little details
Thomas Hobbes would be proud, I am sure of it!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:09:29 am by fightermedic »
>>Fully functional cockpits for Freespace<<
>>Ships created by me<<
Campaigns revised/voice-acted by me:
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,
Pandora's Box 2.2, Deep Blood

Other Campaigns I have participated in:
The Antagonist, Warzone, Phantoms & Echo-Gate

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: [Release] HTL Leviathan
What are those flammy things coming out of the model?
el hombre vicio...

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
A triple dose of realism IN MAH FREESPACE.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam

So does this mean we are going to have RCS on every ship one day? not that I'm complaining of course.

My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I would personally prefer not that...
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline CT27

So does this mean we are going to have RCS on every ship one day? not that I'm complaining of course.

What does "RCS" mean?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Stands for "Reaction Control System", aka fancy NASA speak for an array of thrusters to do attitude adjustments with.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline CT27

Thanks for the info that it means those thrusters.

Just my opinion, but my vote would be the same as mjn's; I'd prefer not to have those.  Is there a way to turn them off?

Just had a test of this Leviathan on the latest nightly build and instead of as depicted, it gets shown in a really dark jet black in-game. Not sure what's going on; any ideas? Other than that, it is stunningly beautiful to behold. Much kudos in getting her done ;)
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Totally gorgeous levi!!!!  :D Btw medic, what is the status of some other projects? I remember the perseus was getting a revamp, as well as the herc 2

Just had a test of this Leviathan on the latest nightly build and instead of as depicted, it gets shown in a really dark jet black in-game. Not sure what's going on; any ideas? Other than that, it is stunningly beautiful to behold. Much kudos in getting her done ;)

As did I. I hooked it up correctly too

Looks great, good job!

Also, I'm seeing the Hedetet. Good to see it be recognized by others as well, interesting design.

As always I hope we'll see more upgraded models in the near future!
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline fightermedic

As did I. I hooked it up correctly too

That is interesting, i will have a look if i can find any reason for that
>>Ships created by me<<
Lightning Marshal 1-4, The Regulus Campaign, Operation: Savior, Operation: Crucible, Titan Rebellion, Fall of Epsilon Pegasi 1.1Aftermath 2.1,

All the stuff I release is free to use or change in any way for everybody who likes to do so; take whatever you need

Same here. It's extremely dark on both nightly and 3.7.4 builds.

Thanks for including original textures :). These .psd files will be very helpful to learn, especially for weathering the metal surfaces (which I always adored in Oddgrim's work)

Offline fightermedic

all this sounds a hell of a lot like the refelctance map ist not loaded, but if you are using a recent nightly, i have no idea why hat should be the case
it's obvious why it would happen in 3.7.4 however
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline fightermedic

i just downloaded the very latest nightly, the one i used was a few weeks old, and now it is black for me too
seems like the current nightlies have a bug, or something changed with the reflectance maps
>>Ships created by me<<

Offline -Norbert-

I'm not sure if this fits better here or somewhere else, but it'd be nice if there was a launcher checkbox to toggle the showing of RCS. Or maybe two seperate ones for fighters and cap-ship.

Personally I like the idea and would switch them on, but I can see why some people might not like them.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i just downloaded the very latest nightly, the one i used was a few weeks old, and now it is black for me too
seems like the current nightlies have a bug, or something changed with the reflectance maps

The Leviathan is the only ship affected by this.

Also, you might want to remove the .psd for the Leviathan textures to make it much more bandwidth-friendly.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:36:12 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Also, you might want to remove the .psd for the Leviathan textures to make it much more bandwidth-friendly.

I'm going to vote "please don't remove the .psd's", sure it's more bandwidth but much more friendly to anyone who wants to modify the textures :) (it can be a real pain to track down the 'source' textures for many ships)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline fightermedic

The Leviathan is the only ship affected by this.

i just checked again, negative, all pbr ships are affected
with the nightly from 4 weeks ago they all work, with more recent ones, all pbr ships are messed up with their -misc and reflection textures
>>Ships created by me<<