Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Teaser  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Teaser

It was dropped during Star Wars Celebration 2019.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Teaser
Yeah I caught this recently.   Buuuuut I don't have much interest in the whole star wars thing after the total mess that was.......the last film.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

That guy in the fighter had some terrible bad luck, taking the only TIE fighter in the galaxy w/o laser cannons to toast jedis at long range. :lol:

Good thing I'm out of SW interest for a while now.

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
I don't have a huge amount of confidence in JJ Abrams to deliver a satisfying conclusion, seeing as he didn't have satisfying answers in place for the mystery boxes he introduced in TFA, and the trailer suggests that Ep IX is more interested in rehashing old stuff like TFA than in trying something new. I actually liked TLJ (not without qualifications, but I enjoyed it) but JJ has me skeptical. Rehashing old Star Wars was fun the first time (and necessary considering what happened with the prequels IMO) but I'm not excited for yet another rehash.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I agree with you 100% on that. At least the release date here in China will be so far back from the rest of the world that I can listen to reviews and decide if it's turned out to be the dross I expect it to be before spending my money.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
That guy in the fighter had some terrible bad luck, taking the only TIE fighter in the galaxy w/o laser cannons to toast jedis at long range. :lol:

Good thing I'm out of SW interest for a while now.
Laser cannons where one of the first things to go out when you got hit in TF.
Of course worse yet was being hit in the thrusters or the engine, or getting the radar shot to pieces.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'd be excited for this if it were Rian Johnson directing :nod:

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Yeah I caught this recently.   Buuuuut I don't have much interest in the whole star wars thing after the total mess that was.......the last film.

This. The trailer has changed nothing about the way I felt about Star Wars walking out of Ep. 8 on opening night: there's no anticipation, no real excitement.

It's surprised me how my enthusiasm for Star Wars has been damaged by TLJ. I watched what should have been this super exciting trailer for the next in my favourite series of movies and all I'm thinking about is that I don't particularly care about these characters, and hoping that JJ can at least bring the sequel trilogy from net bad (one okay to good movie plus one really bad movie) to net okay. I'm wondering if I'll be able to see the seams when Carrie Fisher's old footage is integrated, but I'm not particularly interested in how she fits in to the storyline.

I'll see it, inevitably. But truly sadly, it's not what it should be any more.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline wookieejedi

• Intensify Forward Firepower
Indeed. I'm honestly looking more forward to the final season of The Clone Wars, and the new Mandalorian (and the eventual Cassian Andor K2-SO show).

This. The trailer has changed nothing about the way I felt about Star Wars walking out of Ep. 8 on opening night: there's no anticipation, no real excitement.

It's surprised me how my enthusiasm for Star Wars has been damaged by TLJ. I watched what should have been this super exciting trailer for the next in my favourite series of movies and all I'm thinking about is that I don't particularly care about these characters, and hoping that JJ can at least bring the sequel trilogy from net bad (one okay to good movie plus one really bad movie) to net okay. I'm wondering if I'll be able to see the seams when Carrie Fisher's old footage is integrated, but I'm not particularly interested in how she fits in to the storyline.

This 1000%

Offline Luis Dias

but it has Lando! And it has Palpatine!

come back people come baaaa

Alternate trailer released!
https://streamable.com/7dt0a

:yes:

I'm worried that JJ's work is going to just be shallow and meh coming right after TLJ.  But Disney has made clear that it wants nothing but rehashes of popular older works, so I guess we're going to get the live-action-remake of another of the original trilogy films.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

This is how I felt. Then I watched the trailer and I was like.. oh. More OT characters because reasons. Death Star again? Aaaannnd Palpatine? Paaaaassssss. I'll see Star Wars again when they show me something new that isn't a TLJ mess.

Oh and um.. no. This generation's legend is not Rey. It's Iron Man. Star Wars' cultural moment has long passed and you don't get it back by splitting the fanbase, no matter what you thought of TLJ.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

:yes:

I'm worried that JJ's work is going to just be shallow and meh coming right after TLJ.  But Disney has made clear that it wants nothing but rehashes of popular older works, so I guess we're going to get the live-action-remake of another of the original trilogy films.
Given that "shallow and meh" is JJ's bread and butter once you scratch away the visual wow factor, I doubt this will turn out well. Rian Johnson at least tried to do something.
I'll probably wait until I get some first hand feed back before deciding whether this is worth seeing.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Personally I sincerely don't know what to expect and I'm perfectly fine with it, I had expectations for TLJ because of all the buildup and that movie exceeded them, even if it's just "fine" like TFA was it's still a win in my book.
Yes, I liked Solo too, until now the sequel era didn't manage to make a bad movie even with Iger wanting a Star Wars movie a year and I doubt they're gonna start now.
The announced movie hiatus makes me think of Kathleen Kennedy finally convincing Iger to slow down the pace and let TV series like Resistance and Mandalorean to pick up the slack while the movies are made at a less frantic pace.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

This is how I felt. Then I watched the trailer and I was like.. oh. More OT characters because reasons. Death Star again? Aaaannnd Palpatine? Paaaaassssss. I'll see Star Wars again when they show me something new that isn't a TLJ mess.

While not necessary being more creative (the resurrecting Palpatine has been done twice in former EU) it had been done in a pretty cool way there back then.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

While not necessary being more creative (the resurrecting Palpatine has been done twice in former EU) it had been done in a pretty cool way there back then.

Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Luis Dias

tp be fair, this is NOT a "TLJ mess", it's an idiotic attempt at trying to backtrack as fast as possible and as much as possible from TLJ's novelties.