Author Topic: Where's Halo 2 PC?  (Read 6530 times)

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Am i mistaken in the belief that it was supposed to come out around the same time as vista?  i can't seem to find any info on when its shipping...anyone have any insight?
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Maybe they're just busy upgrading the game for it's release on PC?

...HAAHAAHAAA!

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Hmmm. You're right. Same with Shadowrun. Both were supposed to launch around Vista...

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Maybe they're just busy upgrading the game for it's release on PC?

...HAAHAAHAAA!

:lol:

If its anything like the first it wont be worth it, Halo was one of the dullest FPS's that I have ever played.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Halo was reasonably OK...not the big crazy-fest that all the drunken frat boys make it out to be. It's probably because us PC players are spoiled with better shooters (UT ftw!)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
(UT ftw!)

May god have mercy on your soul.

Halo was in several ways a homage to the classics of the category (The Library was specifically engineered to that purpose for example), at least in spirit. It had enough to it on its own to be good. It's when you get those same feelings you did playing Wolfenstein that you really appreciate it though.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Halo was reasonably OK...not the big crazy-fest that all the drunken frat boys make it out to be. It's probably because us PC players are spoiled with better shooters (UT ftw!)

I was converted away from PC shooters by Halo... Up until then I was Quake fanboy extreme.

1. The AI was and still is some of the best ever implemented in an FPS.
2. The combat was far more fluid than previous shooters due to the seamless integration of guns, grenades, and melee attacks.
3. The scale of the environment was absolutely epic compared to most previous shooters.

No, most of the features that make it great aren't unique, however, it was unique in that in took those dispersed features and put them into one game.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 12:28:57 am by Deepblue »

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Meh. There's no doubt Halo was pretty good, but there are far better shooters on both console and PC that deserve more attention.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
...It's the storyline, stupid... :D  and the graphics, you must remember, came out when?  BTW, if you run Halo with one of the higher-end graphics cards and a high resolution with all the options turned on, there's a huge difference.

EDIT: Forgot my smiley  *smacks self*  it makes an atmosphere difference in the post.  soz, not meaning to demean anyone here.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 03:29:54 am by jr2 »

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
No, it's the overall high production values, stupid ;)

You'll find shooters that are better than Halo in one aspect or the other. But Halo was a neat package of interesting storyline (IMO), pretty graphics, simple yet fun gameplay and an excellent soundtrack. All this together created quite some atmosphere, which is uasually lacking from FPS shooters.

The absence of a PC version of Halo 2 was the only reason for me get a cheap 2nd-hand XBOX via ebay. I was not disappointed :)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
... on that note, did you know you can hack your XBOX to become either a PC with Linux, or a BillG-can't-tell-what-you-did XBOX with the flip of a switch?  :D

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Don't get me wrong, Halo was/is a good game. It's just not OMGWTFBBQ incredible that everyone makes it out to be. I played it through once, went "that was fun" and uninstalled it (because the PC version had some horrific netcode that made internet play really unberable).
And Halo is in no way a homage to Unreal Tournament. If anything it's more in the vein of Half Life and other story-based shooters.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
No, it's not very much like Half-Life actually.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Halo?  Epic?

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
And Halo is in no way a homage to Unreal Tournament. If anything it's more in the vein of Half Life and other story-based shooters.

Again, may god have mercy on your soul. For even suggesting such things. Two of them.

A Feddie Story

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Don't get me wrong, Halo was/is a good game. It's just not OMGWTFBBQ incredible that everyone makes it out to be.

I know what you mean. Hardcore fanbois can ruin the fun in anything.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Deepblue: no, it's not, but it's more like HL than UT.
ngtm1r: I have no idea what you're talking about.

Fishguts: Heh, yea. And I love how every person who has beat Halo on Legendary (OMG YOU CAN PLAY THROUGH HALO ON LEGENDARY?! YOU'RE SO MACHO!) becomes a "hard-core gamer". Seriously, how can you even apply the term "hardcore" to gaming? Why would you want to? A hardcore gamer is a guy who sits in his basement, has every system, and spends his days coding for the Amiga. It's not a guy who dresses punk, goes out to his friends house and beats them at Halo 2, holding a beer in one hand and the controller in the other.

For the record, I am neither :p

Umm.... Halo 2 comes out Summer of '07. Also, check out the thread I posted a while ago. Sorry about the n00bishness at the beginning...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
ngtm1r: I have no idea what you're talking about.

I figured that by your somehow coming up with that in the first place.

A Feddie Story

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Heh, yea. And I love how every person who has beat Halo on Legendary (OMG YOU CAN PLAY THROUGH HALO ON LEGENDARY?! YOU'RE SO MACHO!) becomes a "hard-core gamer". Seriously, how can you even apply the term "hardcore" to gaming? Why would you want to? A hardcore gamer is a guy who sits in his basement, has every system, and spends his days coding for the Amiga. It's not a guy who dresses punk, goes out to his friends house and beats them at Halo 2, holding a beer in one hand and the controller in the other. {from UT}

thats close.  A Hardcore gamer is a guy who gets Halo 2 to run at Max specs on his Amiga.

thats hardcore....

I liked Halo's story, and it was a nice straight forward game with some good explosions and moments of challenge.  I just want to play it on the pc again.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002