Author Topic: Crashing on Obit Rescue Mission  (Read 5057 times)

Re: Crashing on Obit Rescue Mission
Tried:
- forcing Diaspora to use NVIDIA card (no change)
- Disabling post-processing (no change)
- installing Patch 1.1 (no change)

Here's my latest .log
I am at a loss...

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
hmm... your most recent log still shows the Intel card being used.  Did you set it active for both the normal & debug executables?

If can't get the nvidia card working then you could try going to (from the main menu) Options -> Detail, then setting the "Preset Detail Levels" to "Medium". You can also set details individually, Model Detail, 3D Hardware Textures, Particles, Impact Effects, Stars on the left, and Lighting on the right.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Wow, crap, I'm a halfwit.

So I realized I need to force all of these

to use the NVIDIA card under the NVIDIA control panel. I was only forcing the wdx_launcher.exe or whatever it's called to use the NVIDIA card. Just launched the next mission and it worked :)

Course it worked last time, so I'll let you know if I get more than two missions past before really saying it's worked.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Hurrah! :D

Now that you've got your nVidia card selected you can probably remove the "-no_glsl" command line parameter to get extra prettiness.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I dunno, like I said I think it actually looks better with shaders off. To me that super-shiny metal looks kind of unrealistic, and if you look at the Galactica, it's really not all that shiny:

Anyhow, once again thanks for all the help and way too cool how involved you guys are and willing to delve into each and every bug report. Keep up the good work!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
GLSL does a lot more than make the ships shiny.

Is there a way to enable GLSL but make it so the Theseus is still a more matte metal?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I'm not an expert on this, but you could try adjusting some of the lighting settings.  You can check your current settings in the launcher, this page also lists the Diaspora defaults.
----
----