Author Topic: Weapon Effects  (Read 2051 times)

So as a part of my mod, I've been messing with weapon effects lately.

Terran:

Optil:

Regarian:

Had quite a bit of fun learning how to make these.  Does anyone have any tips regarding weapon effects?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 06:28:46 pm by BlasterNT »

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
Neat. I've been stuck with using the effects included with the game and various mods I have.

I've found that the best way to go about it is to use big soft brushes to build a white "core", and then blurring and adding cloud layers over that.  And a nice energetic color on top. 

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
No real advice here, but the first blue bolt,  the blue beam and the green bolt at the bottom are impressive
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
They all look like win.
el hombre vicio...

Offline watsisname

Those are very nice!  I especially like the first blue bolt, and both Regarian shots.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Thanks!  Ingame, the blue bolt is a railgun, so it has a tail as well.  I tried to embody the "characters" of the weapons into the effects.  The terrans use a lot of high energy plasma with a rapid recycle rate, that's barely contained in magnetic bottles, the optils use lasers amplified with focusing crystals, and the regarians employ more focused, low energy bursts of plasma.