Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 190420 times)

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within
These models are temporary. They'll be replaced by high-poly models. I liked the recommendation the mod's antagonists be the Battura since that seems to be the most original group I've created thus far. What of the Bosconians and Sadeen?

Lets keep things simple for our campaign, and only focus on the conflict between the Battura and the Shivans.

Please try to leave out any reference or mention to other factions until our simple conflict is drafted and the missions for it are made.

Once the conflict between the Battura and Shivans are resolved, we can start work on something a bit more complex.

Ok, now, why are the Shivans fighting with the Battura? (We are attempting to define what the conflict in our story is).
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
These models are temporary. They'll be replaced by high-poly models. I liked the recommendation the mod's antagonists be the Battura since that seems to be the most original group I've created thus far. What of the Bosconians and Sadeen?

Lets keep things simple for our campaign, and only focus on the conflict between the Battura and the Shivans.

Please try to leave out any reference or mention to other factions until our simple conflict is drafted and the missions for it are made.

Once the conflict between the Battura and Shivans are resolved, we can start work on something a bit more complex.

Ok, now, why are the Shivans fighting with the Battura? (We are attempting to define what the conflict in our story is).

I have one theory on why the Shivans are fighting the Battura. While fighting the UIMS, the Battura appeared somewhere in Shivan space and attacked.

I guess that the Battura are the caretakers that Vishnu and the Vishnan Preserver spoke about towards the end of BP: AoA, and that the Battura are actually the long-lost Brahmans.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Here's the update for the reworked Mission 1.

I've used the self-destruct SEXP to get rid of unwanted ships, as they meant to be in the cutscene.

I've fixed the bugs in the Teaser Demo so far, as requested by Nyctaeus.

As for Act 1, I've made mission outlines from Mission 1 to 5, as well as 16. These outlines not only have affirmed that the Battura are the main antagonists of Act 1, but also takes place 18 months after the events of the 2018 Mortal Engines film. Spoilers ahead.

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Strygon

• So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    • Steam
Wasn't it established not too long ago that you'd be leaving ME out of SS?

Also I've actually tried playing through the new update of your mod, it crashed halfway through the briefing.

EDIT 2: Gave it another go, it works now but I'm still suffering performance issues. You *really* need to cut back on the number of ships.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:50:13 am by Strygon »
Makes missions sometimes.
Finished Projects: Operation: Cloak and Dagger

Current Projects: Scrolls Part 2 (FREDding), Dimensional Eclipse (Art),
The First Contact War, GTDr Amazon HTL

[23:22] strypolygon: andrew
[23:22] strypolygon: i have one favor to ask of you
[23:22] strypolygon: never try speaking german again
[23:23] Andrewofdoom: No.

[18:50] 島風改八百三: the duck has multipli
[18:50] 島風改八百三: many duck
[18:50] 島風改八百三: left side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: even side
[18:50] 島風改八百三: handle it

[21:34] MP-Ryan: Why on earth would you Google this
[21:34] The_E: why would you not

[06:46] Strigon: how big is a mini-campaign again?
[06:46] Asteroth: smaller than a campaign
[06:47 ]Strigon: thanks

[05:56] Strigon: If I had to take a shot for each time I randomly decided to change the UI sounds, I'd have died of alcohol poisoning by now

[17:36] qazwsxal: time to have some fun
[17:41] z64555: VC++5 is not my idea of fun

[EatThePath] do your missiles do anything absurd?
[Strigon] describe absurd
[Strigon] the entire mod is absurd

I've used the self-destruct SEXP to get rid of unwanted ships, as they meant to be in the cutscene.

Did I misunderstood what you wrote there- if the ships shouldn't be present, why not just delete them in FRED? In case you meant removing ships that should be present in the cutscene but not in the playing-part of the mission, ship-vanish SEXP is a better alternative.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

Did I misunderstood what you wrote there- if the ships shouldn't be present, why not just delete them in FRED? In case you meant removing ships that should be present in the cutscene but not in the playing-part of the mission, ship-vanish SEXP is a better alternative.
I agree with you.

Wasn't it established not too long ago that you'd be leaving ME out of SS?
Yeah, because ME, which bombed badly at the box office (which means no sequels and games besides SS planned), is mostly a self-contained event takes place at a local event, in this case, Earth, but not outside the planet itself. So when you think through the wider scope of the ME universe that includes anything beyond Earth orbit, you know you are totally mistaken. Always has been. Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within takes place exclusively in the same universe as ME, but also the 2004 BSG TV universe. Maybe I'll explain in a diagram, perhaps?

In that case here if you are wondering:
Spoiler:
The last scene of the ME film has Tom Natsworthy and Hester Shaw flying off into the sky aboard the deceased comrade Anna Fang's airship, the Jenny Haniver. From that point, something catastrophic happens, something tragic must have happened to them. They died, either by the hands of the PVN and the UIMS, who wage war against each other.

Also I've actually tried playing through the new update of your mod, it crashed halfway through the briefing.

EDIT 2: Gave it another go, it works now but I'm still suffering performance issues.
Yeah, it may be related to either the builds or the graphic cards issues, similar to the one I am having all this time. Mine is the outdated ATI Radeon 5670 HD, and its vendor stopped updating its drivers long ago since Windows 10 was introduced. But I think it's mostly the driver issue and this is something that you've already amiss.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 12:31:04 am by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

bryan see its all your fault ive warned you you didnt listen you gave me vault while its yours projact not my
and please dont use hny happynewyear to your shatterd stars ive asked you more then once
your projact eont be completed by end of the year
if you dont listen i ask goober thee to do something about that

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
bryan see its all your fault ive warned you you didnt listen you gave me vault while its yours projact not my
and please dont use hny happynewyear to your shatterd stars ive asked you more then once
your projact eont be completed by end of the year
if you dont listen i ask goober thee to do something about that
@Woutersmits, I DID NOT steal your project. I created this mod (Shattered Stars) from scratch. My own. And why are you bringing it up? And please stop mentioning about "happynewyear" here. Do it elsewhere.

To anyone other than Woutersmits, I've made a lot of progress in reworking Mission #1, where I test about unseen mechanics like cutscene-only ships, player Shivan introns by ship, and Battura forces. Of course, there will be branching by ship type. If the player does recon of the Flagship Commander from Starblade, you'll get to play the Capship Mission. Otherwise, there will be two branches to the fighter and bomber missions.

I've published an article on ModDB explaining the 1.1 update that will be soon on Knossos and on that site.

EDIT: The Hammerhead is undergoing a hi-poly makeover.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 01:15:19 pm by Bryan See »

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
The re-work of the Mission 1 is done, all it needs a polishing.

I have something to re-affirm the mod's setting.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
I'm pretty sure Philip Reeve and Universal  Pictures are denying it.

And I'll take their word over yours.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
I'm pretty sure Philip Reeve and Universal  Pictures are denying it.

And I'll take their word over yours.
Foolish!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
As you all know by now, Mortal Engines has been a box office bomb, and will probably not receive any sequels nor a game. Philip Reeve and Universal Pictures will inevitably try to put some spin on the whole issue, but rest assured that it will not be the whole truth on the issue. They have miserably failed in the eyes of the fans.

As a result, I decided to take matters into my own hands and initiate the development of a Mortal Engines game - no, a Freespace mod set in the Mortal Engines universe, taking the idea that the Shivans used the Capella supernova as a bridge between that universe and their own (hinted at the end of FS2).

It will be not only a form of "fan artwork" that will not only mock what failed the film, but also... serve as a stealth sequel in which the Earth gets attacked by the Cylons/UIMS from Battlestar Galactica/Galaxian/Starblade sometime after the very last scene of the film. The mod is still set some time after that film.

And now the updates to the Teaser Demo. Mission 1 is reworked, and Mission 2b is also fixed.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
I do not think that Reeve and Universal Pictures ever had a space combat scenario for their universe in mind...

I mean there are indeed sequels... in the form of books and is there any space combat in them?

And if i think about a Mortal Engine game... i think it would be a MOBA, where the Cities are the playable champions  :D
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

If it was only "ME in space with models from random sources", I probably wouldn't mind that much. Mixing that with FS - if it had a link besides "Shivan inter universe travel" it could still be OK... if it had a seen a LOT of effort and a TON of thought put into it. But once you include even more franchises it will just go the path to certain plot doom.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
If it was only "ME in space with models from random sources", I probably wouldn't mind that much. Mixing that with FS - if it had a link besides "Shivan inter universe travel" it could still be OK... if it had a seen a LOT of effort and a TON of thought put into it. But once you include even more franchises it will just go the path to certain plot doom.
ME on Earth, but not in space.

And what about the Cylons/UIMS? At the end of 2004 BSG's "Daybreak" the Cylons leave Earth to find their destiny, more than 150,000 years ago. The Cylons are from BSG, while the UIMS are from UGSF, as did the Zolgear, Galaga, Battura, Bosconian and Sadeen. The only question is to streamline them without going the path to certain plot doom, given the fact I've combined the Cylons and UIMS into one bearing the latter name.

Teaser Demo Missions 1, 2a and 2b are ready.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
It bombed because you didn't mention it enough Bryan See.....
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Why don’t you all just let Bryan make his masterpiece

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
It bombed because you didn't mention it enough Bryan See.....
Don't blame me...

I am updating the mod on Knossos to release the 1.1 update...

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

BRYAN SEE I WARNED YOU CANT RELEASE IT YET DEMO
MORTELENGINGES IS NOT FSO TIMELINE

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
The updated mod's uploaded on Knossos.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template