Author Topic: weapons.tbl error? (no weapons?)  (Read 2990 times)

weapons.tbl error? (no weapons?)
The short of it is that if I've got the FS1port VP file in my FS2 directory, I can't play any missions in FS2 because of a 'no weapons' error.

To fix this, I can extract the 'weapons.tbl' file from the Freespace 2 VP file into the data/tables directory, and then FS2 plays fine.

However, then when I try to play FS1 port, I get a 'no weapons' error in missions. To fix this, I have to delete the 'weapons.tbl' file from the tables folder. Then I can play FS1 port fine.

Is there any way to make the two co-exist?

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
I actually downloaded the port, put it into the /games/fs2/ folder, turned it on, the briefing started, I pushed "weapons loadout" the thing crashed to desk, I went into the folder, and deleted the port, then installed fs1 and played it that way ;)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
As for the first post: I intended for them both to co-exist, and all the FS2 weapons are included in the Port weapons table. Extract it and take a look, if you want. It's a bit buggy playing FS2 with the Port, though.

BD: Try following the directions on the Port download page, and copy CBANIMS.VP from your FS1 data directory to the FS2 data directory. That should fix the problem. Sheesh.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

I'll try extracting it and seeing if that works. If it doesn't, well, I really don't mind having to switch back and forth between the file being there and it not being there. ^_^

By the by, since I'm asking... how's work on the new version progressing?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Awaiting the interface art from Sesquipedalian; it'll take a while. Then I'll work the Lucifer missions to include the shielding effects, fix the odd bug here and there, and include the FS1 hi-res maps. If Stealth is done Silent Threat by then *cough cough* I'll include that too.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
i'll be done in a few days :D

EDIT:  I'm guessing i just follow your "how to convert missions" thread, right? :)

Sounds very cool. By the way, extracting the weapons.tbl file from the port's VP file to the data/tables folder seems to have done the trick.

Now I'm off to replay both games. Whee!

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
another satisfied customer :)

[edit] never mind. I think my pilot file may be corrupt.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2002, 11:01:46 pm by 910 »