Author Topic: Buggy interface in FSPort  (Read 1846 times)

Offline CaptJosh

Buggy interface in FSPort
This is rather a followup to the question asked in another topic. I've managed to (sort of) get the Freespace 1 interface into FS Port, but I've encountered a few bugs.

One, the pilot selection screen hotspots are screwed up.

Two, the pilot names are in the wrong place.

Three, while the hangar deck starts off looking normal, the background animations that come up are from Freespace 2, and though the hotspots are right at the various doors and things like the tech room and options, the animations that show up on mouse over are from Freespace 2 as well.

I went and tried using the root.vp file from my Freespace CDs, but there are some formatting issues with the medals.tbl file contained in that file, so FS2 Open can't parse the file. I found what the differences were, but the VP Constructor software crashes when I try to build a new VP file with the medals.tbl file appropriately altered.

Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 07:09:19 pm by 2993 »
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Hm, it sounds like a start, but you need a lot of work on the mainhall tables to get it to work properly. Additionally all the interface art would have to be converted to high-res for those of us that play in 1024x768. Good luck with that, and let us know how we can help.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline CaptJosh

Well, I'm now on a new computer system, so I'm thinking I might take a crack at this again. Hopefully the vp builder won't crash on the new computer. I'll let you know. As for converting the artwork, best if someone else does that once I can get it working. I suck at graphics.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.