Author Topic: Can anyone hear me?  (Read 8298 times)

Offline Aadarsh

• 2-∞ - User does not compute
I really don't know if anyone is ever going to see this, but I need to write something, even if only to put my mind at ease.  It's something I've been wrestling with for months now, and in light of recent events, it's probably all the more important.

The GTI isn't what it seems.  Oh sure, it's saved our asses millions of times in the late war, and we're now flying around in those spiffy shielded fighters.  We do awesome work, don't get me wrong.  But we're too powerful.  Anybody remember those committee investigations that started last year?  They got swept under the rug pretty quickly when the Shivans attacked, didn't they?

Nowhere in the GTA charter does it authorize a separate military organization, independent of the main fleet, and accountable only to itself.  We're supposed to be the elite Swiss Guard, not some paragovernmental über-force.  When was the last time you read a tour of duty outline for the GTI fleet?  As long as the GTI keeps making breakthroughs and winning battles, Terran Command is content to look the other way, but that's not how it's supposed to work.

You've probably heard this all before -- phrased a lot more stupidly -- from the Zod-lovers.  Well, for the record, I hate the Zods with a passion.  But I'm an engineer, not a philosopher, so if I see a pattern, I recognize it.  And the pattern that I see is the GTI growing more and more corrupt.

And if you're an engineer, you're going to want proof.  Not that any engineers have Ash's chance in Shiva of stumbling across the obscure, obsolete corner of the holonet where I have to hide this, but if I'm going to be a fool, I might as well be a fool who makes sense.

I'll write again.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Hah!  Found ya! :drevil:

Hah!  Found ya! :drevil:

Oh we can actually respond to this thing. Didn't bother trying.

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
looking forward for the next reply on this dark corners of the holonet.

(I wonder how many more of this there will be before ST:R is released)
Signed, me

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Neat stuff. :D

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh, this is ****ing nuts. :D

(For the record, it was that recent thread in the 158th forum about the number coincidence that did it for me.  Well, that coupled with Goober's hint.  I knew there was something familiar about that little URL trick. :p)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Woohoo. I found it too! Thank goodness. I thought I was retarded.
I probably still am.

Osi cheen'-yah!
Bad grammar FTL.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 01:44:27 am by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I was definitely feeling special, to be fair, I was writing an essay at the time.

So... on to the next puzzle.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Aha, found you, you sneaky bastards.

EDIT: And now I also understand why this subforum is called Phoenix, and the logo at the end of the trailer. It all fits wonderfully together :drevil:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:32:43 am by Col. Fishguts »
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Darius

This is great :)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Anyone make it past the password on the website?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Fun fact: This boards number is 162. The most recent board is number 175. The programming board's number is ~166.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Anyone make it past the password on the website?

I wish :(

Offline Solatar

Ahh, so this is what all the commotion was about.

Damn this is clever...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Blast. I wanted to post #13.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Shade

Interesting... so that's what 162 was about :D
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Welcome to the cruiser, Shade. There's something else to solve, and it's on the other thread.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Double-post, because I realised that this forum board is track-immune. Nobody can see our posts from the board index! :eek2:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Solatar

If they could then half the forum would be in here. :D

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Indeed. :nod:

I'm quite excited about this, since this is the first private board that I can access.

Oh, I just noted that updates here are not shown in Unread Replies. In addition, when you're in a private board, nobody can see you on Who's Online.
My blog

MP-Ryan