Author Topic: Mass Effect: Andromeda  (Read 60394 times)

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
I thought they weren't going to do anything with shepherd? but also super cool

I guess we won't.

You can find a lot of stuff about the "Arc theory". A contingency made in case of reapers victory. To launch an expedition with a large ship with people in cryostasis to Andromeda galaxy to make a settlement and save the existence of our species. And what we've seen on teaser makes it very probable if not certain :) The launch of an "Arc" could happen during ME3 so Commander could even know about it.

That was the final goodbye with Shep as the main protagonist :) Last word from him/her before we begin a new adventure. The only thing I would like to know is how the Milky way recovered from the war and how the lives of our team members or even Shepard himself carried on <Destruction FTW>. Maybe we will receive some transmissions/message or something? Even with a several hundred years delay. If they can punch a ship through to another galaxy why not comms? That would be a brilliant closure. 

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda
So, the EA CFO went out and confirmed some have already been suspecting since the last EA earning projections:

ME: Andromeda is being pushed to 2017, the reason given is buisness related (spreading their projected "hits" across the fiscal year to keep the stock price at least level through the fiscal year) and are related to the interna of EA itself (Bioware just lost out on the competetive release windows at the end of 2016)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline rance

The way I see it, the more development time the better. I'd hate to see it rushed like half of EAs games.

EA games are not bad because they are rushed
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline 0rph3u5

the more development time the better.

A later release date doesn't mean more development time ... the working hours per milestone surely will not change (that would require additional money and pushing back the release date already produces cost since the studio might not be able to reassign their workforce under the terms of the currenr contract with EA)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline rance

the more development time the better.

A later release date doesn't mean more development time ... the working hours per milestone surely will not change (that would require additional money and pushing back the release date already produces cost since the studio might not be able to reassign their workforce under the terms of the currenr contract with EA)

True true, but a man can dream that they won't **** it up.

I think EA Games are bad for a multitude of reasons but them rushing products (like BF4) doesn't help.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

It kinda does, though. A postponed release date means that there's potentially less reasons for crunching, which means that developer productivity goes up. It can also mean more time for QA, leading to a more polished product.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Luis Dias

ME3 was also postponed.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
ME3 was also postponed.

Can't QA'n'Polish bad writing!
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline 0rph3u5

It kinda does, though. A postponed release date means that there's potentially less reasons for crunching, which means that developer productivity goes up. It can also mean more time for QA, leading to a more polished product.

What I was saying is that manhours might not become more just because the deadline was moved; If the budget only goes for, say for arguments sake, 1,000 manhours per employee, it doesn't matter if these 1,000 hours are 3 months or 6 months.

Of course it does impact the quality of the work because there is less time pressue, but it doesn't allow for more time consuming tasks unless there is more money going to the project that would cover the additional hours the staff puts into those.

All of this of course is void if EA would be allocating more money to the studio besides covering the additional months of operating cost for the staff specific to the project.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:57:20 am by 0rph3u5 »

==================

Offline 0rph3u5

My previous point is void. More I cannot say.

==================

Not much but still... :)

http://www.masseffect.com/news/an-update-on-mass-effect-andromeda.html?utm_campaign=mea_hd_ww_ic_soco_fb_social-global-ic-fb-may-update-blog&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&cid=5197&ts=1462896614644&sf46188285=1

We'll see more on June 12'th.

And we have something that could have been posted as an April's fool joke but it's worth looking at.
Given the quality of the animation it looks like an early alpha leak :P

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 04:13:58 pm by Col.Hornet »

Offline Luis Dias

That footage is from 2014, afaik.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, it's a portfolio reel from someone who has worked (is working?) on Andromeda.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Let's hope they finally get around to throwing away their animation library. (Seriously, Bioware has been reusing the same goddamn walk cycles since, I dunno, KOTOR?)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
In the case of bastilla shan I welcome reuse.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Luis Dias

It sure does look as if they are updating all of their animations. I'm not entirely sold out on the protag's face though. Seems too cartoonish. Almost Disney-like in the eyes. Can't Bioware make a good realistically female looking protagonist?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
No more awkward lurching while walking?  For role playing sake in ME I typically tried to walk in places where sprinting around would be weird but then that animation would happen.  I could only imagine I had a tether from my ankle to my easily distracted party members.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”