Author Topic: Changes in graphics render/pipeline?  (Read 872 times)

Changes in graphics render/pipeline?
One thing we have found out is some of our craft models cause 3.6 to crash.  Happens both with my build and one of Bob's that was posted.  We had no problems whatsoever with any of the craft with 3.5.5 its just the new one.  Did find out if HT&L is turned off then the game is able to display the models.  So I was wondering if something got changed along the way.  Or if there might be any kind of specific things with models that the engine would have a problem with.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
most likely you are useing too many textures per subobject try to keep it below four, fighters and bombers shouldrarely if ever exeed one.

there is a limit of I beleve 16 texture per subobject if you are aporoaching this limit your model is going to run very very very poorly, I chose 16 becase there has always been a max of 64 textures I figured you'd never have more than 1/4th of all your textures in one subobject, and HTL models should never get anyware near that number, so, check that.

if that isn't it run a debug build
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Thanks, that is probably what the problem is.   Guy doing the models is looking into it.