Author Topic: Just Another Day Development Blog  (Read 234935 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Re: Just Another Day Development Blog
I demand more best girl
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

So that's how JAD's going. How are you?

Much better now~ :yes:

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
If it's the one with the nod titans then I've confused myself and agree.  I should have said 4, the one with centralised mobile bases right?  (Just did some YouTube research to make sure I wasn't mistaken, wich in fact i was)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Axem

Excited at the thought I might get to play more JAD this year.

So that's how JAD's going. How are you?

Much better now~ :yes:

I demand more best girl

Project Update: Because of this post, progress is now at 0% since its now going to star the best girl as the main character. Isn't that right, Harriet?

Harriet: Mmhmm!

If it's the one with the nod titans then I've confused myself and agree.  I should have said 4, the one with centralised mobile bases right?  (Just did some YouTube research to make sure I wasn't mistaken, wich in fact i was)

Offline Darius

Axem is making a stealth sequel to C&C 4 Tiberium Twilight.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Kane was Harriet all along!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Clearly.....posting between baby midnight nappy changes is not the best way.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Axem

Heya y'all!

So when we last left me trying to mod, I said I completed about 20% of the mod in a month. By that speed, roughly two months later, I should be at 60% now right? Right?

I wish… I don't even know how far I really am…

Working by the numbers, I have 6/15 missions done. Which is 40% done. But the bulk of the work is the space sim action missions, and 3/6 of those are done, so maybe half-way done the hard stuff? But there's a lot of small things I left in those "completed" missions undone until I go through for a final polish pass. So maybe 33% overall?

Still after finishing this big intense mission, I think I'm at a large milestone, so I'm just going to say half-way mark reached!

Anyway so you don't leave entirely empty handed, here's some grunts you'll be blowing up in a mission.

The JAD Progress-Appreciation Society welcomes this :yes:

BTW is the "JAD 3.33 will be mostly cutscenes" still up to date (6 playable missions and 9 cutscenes if I counted right :nervous: )?

Offline Axem

JAD2.23 will have 6 playable missions (with a few small quick cutscenes interspersed in them) and 9 Visual Novel missions (also with cutscenes interspersed in them in a few of them).

I think in the end, it might be a little bit shorter than the other episodes. Not by much though. JAD2.21 and JAD2.22 both had both had 8 playable missions, not counting the side missions. There's more VN missions this time around because, well, things need to wrap up! And apparently you can't solve everything just by blowing it up. Crazy, huh?

Offline AdDur

...not solving everything by blowing up things?! Maybe you should bring bigger laser.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I am quite amused by the kitbashes.

Offline Axem

They're good kitbashes, Brent.

They're good kitbashes, Brent.

Do the Shivans even have enough money to buy them?

Offline Axem

Shivans, not having a real economic system, could not. These kitbashes are a product of rogue Galactic Terran Intelligence Mailclerks anyway.

Offline Axem

Wow another month went by? Time goes so fast.

Sometimes I plan things out in general then leave the implementation until it comes time to actually do it. Because what sounds neat in your head does not always translate to fun and engaging gameplay. I used to start a mission, then trash it midway to restart because it wasn't working out. Eventually I just stopped trying to fight it and went 'yeah that was just a first draft.'

I think I'm better at it now though, more experience with what works and what doesn't. I just winged it on one mission with a big boss fight, and that turned out pretty nice I think. But then this next mission... I had a summary of what needed to happen but I couldn't think of a way to make it fun. So instead I just... ditched the whole mission idea and went in a bit of a different direction. And this required a new space mission being added too! In the end I'm much happier for the way it turned out.

I wish I wasn't so vague with all these updates and could share more, but I don't think anyone wants spoilers and stuff. There's no new fighters or weapons, no one new to introduce. There's some cool new bosses but I want to keep them a surprise.

I dunno, what do you guys want to see? Screenshots? Videos? Complete and total media blackout? Shareholders reports?

I dunno, what do you guys want to see? Screenshots? Videos? Complete and total media blackout? Shareholders reports?

I GOT THIS

Offline Axem

^^

That post confirmed 110% accurate.  :yes:

You forgot "Disco". :nono:

Offline AdDur

No progress bar can handle JAD disco.