Hosted Projects - Standalone > Diaspora Multiplayer Open Beta

Balance feedback

<< < (2/4) > >>

An4ximandros:
Having used the HvyRay to dominate on a match... I think it's not as OP as though, since only one missile slot can carry Dumbs or Swarms, and both are very close range weapons, given the Hvy Ray's lack of Afterburners and slow turn rate, I'd say what's truly needed is a player to pay attention towards it's front, it's the larges craft, easily killable by aiming your Auto-cannons at maximum range. (I started in control, then started getting smacked around almost everywhere towards the end, when they figured this out ;f)

skunimatrix:

--- Quote from: An4ximandros on September 11, 2012, 05:12:10 pm ---Having used the HvyRay to dominate on a match... I think it's not as OP as though, since only one missile slot can carry Dumbs or Swarms, and both are very close range weapons, given the Hvy Ray's lack of Afterburners and slow turn rate, I'd say what's truly needed is a player to pay attention towards it's front, it's the larges craft, easily killable by aiming your Auto-cannons at maximum range. (I started in control, then started getting smacked around almost everywhere towards the end, when they figured this out ;f)

--- End quote ---

It's the 12 short range dogfighting missiles that I think makes it a bit over powered.  I can sit and pickle those off at a target < 1000 and finish with the guns.  I can easily get 3 - 4 kills to 1 death using that method.  Although I'm not sure everyone's figured out the whole, don't get in front of a heavy raider part. 

I understand the dogfighting missiles are key to Cylon tactics in this game (I know a couple people complained about them, but the guns on the raiders don't seem as deadly as the vipers), but 12 missiles + 480 dumbfire swarms where the raptor gets the 480 + 1 bay of missiles. 

Ghost:
Adv Raider seems overpowered compared to Viper MkVII. Just the impression I got switching back and forth with a player yesterday.

Ace:
It's balanced with the VIIe, how do those two compare?

Ghost:

--- Quote from: Ace on September 12, 2012, 03:57:33 pm ---It's balanced with the VIIe, how do those two compare?

--- End quote ---

Just played a 1v1 in an AdvRaider against a VIIe, and I smoked him 5 to 2. Didn't have time to role reverse.

I really just think it's a matter of not having to lock on with the Cylon missiles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version