Hosted Projects - Standalone > Wings of Dawn

Old Reviews and Feedback thread Episode 1

<< < (8/9) > >>

Spoon:
As I already said on IRC, great review. Thanks :D

Cpt. Ritter:
I mostly lurk and like... never post. But after getting FS2 working again, yay Win8 stupidity, I sat down to play Wings of Dawn: Episode 1.

Now, my Freespace skills have clearly suffered from lack of use, so it was definitely hard... but...

The entire style of Wings of Dawn was mind-blowing. I didn't think Freespace could even do some of the things you've made it do here. From the moment I sat down to start playing it, I didn't stop, that's compelling gameplay, but definitely compelling story. I absolutely love the characters your developing and how you've managed to put them together inside a slapstick-scifi-anime-comedy mix with nothing short of beautiful models supporting it. (for the record, I was a fan of even the initial models).

I do look forward to future installments and thank you for sharing.

Now if only I was as accurate as those AI tend to be sometimes....

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: Cpt. Ritter on December 19, 2015, 03:57:15 pm ---I didn't think Freespace could even do some of the things you've made it do here.

--- End quote ---
Weeeellllll... there is as reason it comes with its own executable. ;)

Spoon:

--- Quote from: Cpt. Ritter on December 19, 2015, 03:57:15 pm ---I mostly lurk and like... never post. But after getting FS2 working again, yay Win8 stupidity, I sat down to play Wings of Dawn: Episode 1.

Now, my Freespace skills have clearly suffered from lack of use, so it was definitely hard... but...

The entire style of Wings of Dawn was mind-blowing. I didn't think Freespace could even do some of the things you've made it do here. From the moment I sat down to start playing it, I didn't stop, that's compelling gameplay, but definitely compelling story. I absolutely love the characters your developing and how you've managed to put them together inside a slapstick-scifi-anime-comedy mix with nothing short of beautiful models supporting it. (for the record, I was a fan of even the initial models).

I do look forward to future installments and thank you for sharing.

Now if only I was as accurate as those AI tend to be sometimes....

--- End quote ---
Thanks, glad to hear you enjoyed it  :)

--- Quote from: AdmiralRalwood on December 19, 2015, 06:23:26 pm ---Weeeellllll... there is as reason it comes with its own executable. ;)

--- End quote ---
I actually think that by now, most things that WoD requires are in trunk by now. With the exception of the increase of BMPman slots.

AdmiralRalwood:
Still haven't had a pull request for multilock.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version