Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Tools

PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.15.0-dev+73b131a (combined launcher/installer)

<< < (221/233) > >>

MachManX:

--- Quote from: jg18 on September 15, 2021, 12:17:04 am ---Hope that helps. BTW, you'll likely have better luck getting help on the HLP Discord than on the forums.

--- End quote ---

Sir, you are a pilot saver!  I was able to get a lot of help from the HLP Discord.  Turns out that I was using the wrong git repo.  I should've been using old-knossos instead.  After a few hiccups I got it to compile quite quickly.

A tip I will leave for people who have HiDPi screens under Ubuntu (and perhaps other Linux distributions), use the following command:

--- Code: ---QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1 python3 -m knossos
--- End code ---

(use "python" instead of "python3" if you are using python 2)

Thank you and now I am off to the Vega system.   :cool:

jg18:
Great! Glad you got things working. :)

Overhaze:
Hello.

I'm fairly new to linux (I'm on pop os) and I am trying to set up Knossos with little success. I tried following the official instructions but they are apparently outdated? Could someone please give me a clear instructions on how to install it?

Thanks.

jg18:
Hi there!

Your best bet is to ask for help on the #knossos channel on the HLP Discord.

Note that we can't guarantee that a specialized Linux distro, such as Pop!_OS, will be able to run Knossos/the game well or even at all, even if it's based on a general-purpose distro (Ubuntu in this case).

As for updating the Knossos build instructions, RL is unfortunately too hectic right now for me to set up an Ubuntu VM (on Windows) and produce reliable setup instructions. Perhaps I can do that sometime later this year, or maybe someone else can do it sooner.

Hope that helps.

Unlimited2001:
Hi! Sorry, once I've download the Italian Text Pack in FsPort, how can I activate it?Thx!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version