Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

Sooo, act 4 for war in heaven is still being worked on?

<< < (23/24) > >>

manwiththemachinegun:
*Sends his Ki energy for the BP2-3 completion spirit bomb*
I know you guys have no obligation to finish BP, but I do want to encourage you it's not just one of my favorite mods, BP is one of my favorite games. I replay it probably once every 2 years or so, and I only do that for games that really show their quality.

Iain Baker:

--- Quote from: manwiththemachinegun on February 12, 2021, 01:16:10 pm ---*Sends his Ki energy for the BP2-3 completion spirit bomb*
I know you guys have no obligation to finish BP, but I do want to encourage you it's not just one of my favorite mods, BP is one of my favorite games. I replay it probably once every 2 years or so, and I only do that for games that really show their quality.

--- End quote ---

THIS. I have started replaying though BP now, starting with AoA, then The Blade Itself, Battle for Neptune and now WiH (although I have put that on hold until the bugs that have been reported get fixed.) In the meantime I'm playing through Crysis 2 with a certain difficulty mod that is kicking mah a$$  ;7

kosigan:
I haven't played BP since 2010. Decided to check in on it and give it a spin after playing around with the new TIE Fighter TC mod for XWA. I am about to experience Act 2 for the first time, woo! And seriously guys, Blue Planet is in the top 3 of my favorite games ever.

I see it as a tribute to the golden age of PC Sims... Mechwarrior 2, TIE Fighter, WC III/4, Commanche/Hind... capped off with Freespace 2 as the 90s ended. I experienced that golden age of PC gaming at the exact age when most people form unshakeable nostalgia about things (10 - 15yrs old). As I grew older, I often wondered if the reverence I had for those games was that kind of nostalgia - reverence of lost youth and young imagination. You'll never experience games like you did when you were a kid, y'know?

Well, upon playing BP and WiH p1 in 2010 I became that 90s kid again losing his **** over what a computer could simulate and the world, story, and artistic vision it could convey. I was completely absorbed. I even subjected my girlfriend at the time to discussing possible theories behind the Shivans and Vishnans. Your mod is one of the best video games ever, seriously. There's magic in it.  Take as long as you guys need, and I hope one day this can reach a wider audience as more than just a mod to an old 90s game, but rather a masterpiece of interactive art that should be enjoyed like a cherished TV series or movie.

Off to get started on my campaign replay and then WiH pt 2 :D.

Iain Baker:
I recently watched "The Children of Dune". So that's where BP got some of its orchestral music  :p

praseodym:
Hopefully, I am not too late...

*clap*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version